The New Reality of (what's left of) Merck Employees

Discussion in 'Merck' started by anonymous, Jun 21, 2017 at 5:40 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

BS

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

At least I never worked at that place. A few from Merck went there. A general statement was they were scumbags anyway. Screwed up family type. Everyone knew what that company was doing. It's like working for Pablo escobar. Such dirty people.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We are not the worse. We are not the worse!!!!! That's great news. :)

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The absolute farthest thing from BS, actually. But thanks for your input, Kenny Boy.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Question. I see online rep job I might post for, what does "entry level" chronic care mean? I do have the 4 year degree but no pharmasutcal background. Eye am a floor manager at a Target stor, any innput would be helpful s thank you

How bout the pay. Is it good?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

it means selling pills to primary care doctors as a field sales representative. Starting pay mid 60 range.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Plus a 20-30 k bonus, good 401k match, great healthcare, tuition reimbursement and lest me forget the much maligned basically free company car.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don’t get too comfy, someone else will gladly step in.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And introducing...the newer reality!
    Bye bye sales!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And it's fun. The raises are great. If you are nice it will be an easy 100k plus job in no time.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh my, the author of this post is right----Kenny Frazier doesn't like this dose of honesty at all!!!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Actually they remove most of r&d first. They are easy to replace. Sales brings in money. I can't believe they shut down the gyms.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When do you think SAEs will be removed? Do they help your sales #s ever?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We have SAE's? i only thought we had Sigma Chi and Kappa Sigs :)

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lol. I laughed so hard that I sprayed screen. So true!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Best. Post. Ever.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

STILL the best post ever. Never a more honest telling of Merck's pathetic reality.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How incredibly true. All of it.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The world changed. Pharma changed and shifted from primary care to specialty. The only thing Merck had in its specialty bag was the Schering Plough merger products and crappy R&D that couldn’t compete in the market place. Primary care got laid off and they are trying to be a specialty company acting like big pharma. This will ruin oncology like it ruined hospital and it ruined virology. The leaders are stuck with too many people and a bunch of lawyers trying to carve out a place for products that have 10-20% market share or less. Now look at the big pharma spin offs focusing on biosimilars. The world can’t sustain rebates and coupons when insurance companies can get by covering products that are far cheaper. The world is changing- pharma is shifting. Merck is too. Pretend you can stay a sales rep for 10 more years making what you make. Oncology reps are running running to a few meetings a year pretending to be an elite scientific team- really Merck oncology is a reformed primary care pod. Keytruda makes a ton of money and Merck has to have the wrote offs. There is no need for more than 1 Keytruda rep per territory- that is absurd. No other company hires a new rep for a new indication for the same product- Why? 1-2 calls a day justify your job… this is what you think pharma should be like? And then blame upper management for white male issues, lay offs, recession, PTSD etc etc