The Quality of Field Managers at Vanda

Discussion in 'Vanda Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, May 21, 2019 at 5:07 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It has been around in pharma for years, at least with the better, more reputable companies that also do a shut down between Christmas and New Year's. It is appreciated at Vanda but VERY surprised that Mihales hasn't axed it yet. He hates anyone taking time off or going on maternity leave or needing disability for an injury or surgery.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You can see how much a company values its employees by the maternity and paternity policies they provide and Vanda has one of the shittiest people have ever seen!

Don't forget that home office in D.C. shuts down for the week before Christmas and New Year's but the field must use paid time off to do so (and they still get shit about it)!

This company also robbed some people of sick time by making them give it back because of stupid ass managers misinterpreting the policy (and the sick time sucks too for sure)!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How could the company fuck around with Sick time, that can have some serious repercussions. Company can be sued royally as there are strict guidelines around health and sick leave under the US Labor laws.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just to be clear, HQ staff has to use their vacation time as well to cover the week off between Christmas and New Years.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

now that is a sad situation. it clearly shows cheap corporate mentality.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That is either
    A) bullshit
    B) brand new policy
    C) applies only to low level employees

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A) Bullshit

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was a HQ employee for 6 years, and left in 2018. We had to use vacation time to cover that week. Literally ask anyone at the home office to validate my statement.
    I hate that place as much as any of you in the field. I am actively routing for Vanda leadership to be held responsible for all the atrocities and shitty treatment of women. I have first hand experience on the topic.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How’d you last THAT long... you must have some great stories and know a lot.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Stockholm Syndrome! I knew it was bad, but did not realize just how bad. It became painfully obvious once I was out of there.
    Now, there are some truly amazing people at Vanda, but management is very efficient at driving them out. A number of us left in succession once we realized that more faith was put in 23 yr olds than someone who had 10-20 years in the industry.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Because the cheapest mother fucker CEO on Earth will pay that 23 year old a quarter of your salary and allow them to make no decisions without his approval. Poly would fail Business 101.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I read about DC employees using vacation time for the week before Xmas and New Year's in the Vanda employee handbook.

Could you tell us more about what you saw regarding the shitty treatment of women? Is there anyway in hell to get in touch with you?

You are welcome to email me at vandasucks at hotmail dot com !

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

For a company this size why so many so-called "senior management" folks? What the hell is GP's role? why couldn't TG report to greasy greek directly? On one hand company hires dirt cheap sales people and on the other they load up top management folks i am sure at hefty salaries. that's total exploitation making money at the efforts of cheap labor sales force while the "senior" management is reaping the rewards!!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh, for cryin' out loud who is the vanda's manager for the LA area? name? sure seems like a special one.... if you know what i mean. Total flake....

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

BB, aka Tommy's chosen one. He got the job while being ranked #1 in Fanapt at the time his manager got purged. He had been ranked dead last in the country the previous quarter and was lucky to keep his job. Poly and GP only want errand boys and girls as managers, they do not expect them to think for themselves.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think i know who you are referring to but i am talking about a female manager covering southern Cal. You should observe her demeanor and management style sometime.... just amazing.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What the hell is the deal with these district meetings? what is company trying to accomplish? How could TG possibly remember every detail on every high potential customers from every district? just bluffing Dr. P. i guess.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

dear manager. stop sending emails out after and on weekends. you know who you are. pathetic.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They have constant teleconferences on them.