The Reluctant Billionaire: How Dilip Shanghvi Became the Richest Self-made Indian

Discussion in 'Sun Pharma' started by anonymous, Jul 31, 2019 at 12:20 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This book is an extraordinary story of an ordinary man, who chooses to stay 'anti-famous'. He would rather have his face unrecognized, his story untold. But at a time, when a billion dreams are simmering in an aspiring India, this tale is for everyone who has once had a secret dream, an insanely bold one.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wtf?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Envious?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This biography has been mpeccably researched, painstakingly detailed and beautifully written. It will be perhaps one of best biographies that you will read this year.

Only simple minds would look down upon such a humble man.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are Delusional. Have a nice day.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Give me a break. Zero respect for the man, who cares how much money he has. He is a fraud and a con. Take a look at his right hand man. You are the company you keep. No ethics. No trust and for the love of God... I would never trust taking any meds manufactured by his company.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

True. You are absolutely the company that you keep. Select your friends carefully. Behaviors are contagious. Think about who you're close to and why it is that you're so inclined to hurt others my friend. You seem quite the unhappy person. Don't blame your office, blame your personal life.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Quite the opposite. Could not be happier. Just don’t care for lies. I call it as I see it. And I have seen it first hand at Sun. All these folks on these threads are not making things up. If he’s so Nobel, he should probably step in and make things right. These are actual patients /human lives on the receiving end and our garbage hub and garbage patient programs speak for themselves. He doesn’t care about his “patients” or employees. Good luck to you.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

this book is nothing short of propaganda. For the kindle version it costs $35. The hard cover is $25. Originally I thought the hardcover was worth the price until I found they printed it on 1 ply toilet paper.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Impossible. It's impossible to be a happy person and have the desire to hurt others. If you have problems at work, submit the issues to top management and HR. If you're still unhappy, the door is open. Feel free to walk away. From what's posted, I see angry people with the desire to bully others and to be hurtful. Some even use the internet as their journal/diary. Sad. Your problem stems from outside of work. It's your foundation. Dig deep to find your problems or you'll remain unhappy wherever you go.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ayyyyyy Abhay. You the man!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well said.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is he a rain dancing Indian or one whose relatives own 7-11’s?

14. RAJ

RAJ Guest

My friend, your fat American mother loves the brown meat.
    She squeal like the pig she is and cleaned my sandals after messing the up gagging.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

me smok’em peace pipe or order slurpee’ to make you and your God’s pleased, my shit brown friend.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

“Hitesh recalled Dilip holding the ciggie, puffing on it, looking at the menu and ordering vegetable fried rice, vegetable manchurian, American chop suey and sweet corn soup. Another look at the menu, then up again, ‘Make it two by three,’ he said. This was to become their staple order at Golden Dragon for many years, for which Dilip was to turn a chain-smoker.”

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

“Half a century later, when Shanghvi went zip-lining, swinging from tree to tree on a rope during another vacation, his cousin Arvind admitted watching the aerial act with bated breath. ‘I was worried, more so because with his weight I didn’t think it was a great idea. But he seems to have an internal balance and control because he was so comfortable in that space. He has a fluidity and flexibility within him that you don’t associate with heavy-set frames.’ Another time Arvind recalled how all of them went quad-biking in New Zealand, and his own bike kept sputtering and dying off, while Shanghvi zoomed past them all, saying, ‘You all are such kids in adventures.’”

This book is worse than North Korean propaganda

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dilip Baba and the 40 thieves