The Tessiba Pop and NVO

Discussion in 'Novo Nordisk' started by Anonymous, Jun 3, 2015 at 8:08 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You guys remind me of this scene from "Ace Ventura - Pet Detective" You both talk out of your ass!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG-DdKEV38o

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You're the ass-clown getting a hard on over pre-market quotes and then coming to this site to pontificate on how well the stock is going to do with the new approvals. It blew back in your face and you got called out on it. You're just a simple ass-clown.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Previous guy is right - you're an ass clown and using broader market sentiment to cover for the fact you were WRONG is even worse. You're like Jesper or Andy - always an excuse. Just admit you suck at being a NVO oracle. Regardless of where the broader market is, NVO is trading at a LOWER valuation that when you originally came in here telling us all to buy at $57. Your advice sucks...but just in case you are convinced the ONLY reason we're not at $75 is a down market, NVO only finished about 1% better than the market.

If you know anything about pharma stocks, it's buy the rumor, sell the news.

Oh and I do own a bunch of NVO outside of my employee contributions, but thanks for enquiring about my financial well being.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Go back and re-read this thread and you'll see that at no time did I ever recommend a buy at any price asshole. I simply predicted a pop when Tresciba was approved. YOU'RE the arrogant fucking idiot that took exception to my prediction. And check your facts moron. NVO is UP 31% year to date. What a total fucking loser you are.

Like I believe you that you really do own NVO outside of your employee contributions. This is the internet asswipe. You cant prove it's true, you can claim anything. Given that I say you're a LIAR!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That's a pretty broad generalization.

Here's a more to the point and realistic statement regarding NVO;

Often times, a rising tide will lift all boats in an industry, as there can be broad trends taking place in a segment that are boosting securities across the board. This is arguably taking place in the Pharmaceutical space.

NVO is actually looking pretty good on its own. The firm has seen solid earnings estimate revision activity over the past month, suggesting analysts are becoming a bit more bullish on the firm's prospects in both the short and long term.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Buy/rumour sell/news can be said for just about any sector, not just pharma. Tech, auto's and areospace all come to mind. Especially the tech sector.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Both of the posters who argued about the infamous "tresciba pop" can technically be considered correct.

There was an almost 5% jump in the share price during after hours trading on Friday Sept 25, the day of the FDA approval, but it was very short lived. The Monday following, Novo's share price went down, but there was also a broad sell off in the stock market that day. Some of the automated selling done that day by computer software (as opposed to a human beings executing trades) may have had some influence on Novo's downward share price.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And how many folks on here trade after hours? I actually thought buying late Friday and selling early Monday was a good move but the original point was about a sustained 5% pop (one week post approval)...looks like stock will be pretty flat after close tmr.

Also - the stock is still trading below $57, the point at which the OP thought we should all be piling in on undervalued NVO.

Btw - I was the one who suggested that 5% was a reasonable number for a "pop" and I was pretty much on the money. If you bought and sold quick enough, you made a few bucks, otherwise if you're a "buy and hold" investor like me, you just keep accumulating and don't worry about short term catalysts.

NVO is a fundamentally good company to own for the long haul because you're basically "owning" diabetes and obesity.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nobody I know, and I know a guy (not NNI employee) who day trades. He's my wife's brother and he's retired. Says he day trades mostly because he's "looking for something to do".

After hours activity is probably mainly institutional activity. I've seen NVO after hours trades listed on the NASDAQ website of over 6,000 shares.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

BTW; Before someone calls me out on it, I'm aware that NVO shares are traded on The NYSE. NASDAQ's website lists shares traded on any US exchange.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone reading the above post might think my wife's brother is crazy for being retired and day trading stocks out of boredom. Normally, I'd agree with that sentiment. But then you don't know my brother in law. He can day trade stocks all he wants in retirement, and he wont end up broke. Here's why;

Last July, I ran into him in a convenience store in the small town where we both live. He was already in the store, and had just finished using an ATM. He called to me and I walked over to him. We stood in front of the ATM for a few minutes chatting. A woman walked up to the machine and said "excuse me" as she wanted to use the ATM, so we stepped a few feet away from it.

My brother in law left his printed receipt sticking out of the machine, so the woman removed it and handed it to me. Apparently she thought it was me who had used the ATM. I tried to hand it to my brother in law, but he was speaking and just waived as if to say he didn't want it. So I casually put it in my pocket. Later at home, I took a peak at it. My brother in law had withdrawn 200 dollars from his checking account, and the new balance was $472,600. And that's just one of his checking accounts.

Sure, I'm a lousy no-goodnik!! But then my wife and I always wondered how much money he has. He was a successful businessman who sold his business so he could retire to a group of three partners/investors. They promptly got in financial trouble with it, so they hired him back as a "consultant" to help fix it. as a result of that, he drives a new $95,000 Mercedes.

What do I drive you ask? I drive a 2011 Ford Taurus. We paid Wheels $11,000 for it after my wife put 72,000 miles on it. (She's the Novo employee) Sucks to me.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Stock down 6% today. Pop pop pop.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hammered. Down 6.7%. The new oral agents are a real threat going forward.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What do you get of you leave novo prior to April?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Zero!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, and it's back up a bit today.

The drop was a knee jerk reaction by the lemmings on Wall Street. It had a lot more to do with Novo telling stock analysts that steep launching costs for Tresciba and fierce price competition with Sanofi will more than halve 2016's EPS than the Tresciba approval announcement by The FDA, which was what this thread was all about.

As for me personally, I see as an opportunity to pick up a few more lower cost shares.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

NVO was up $1.72 today (+3.21%) on heavy pre-market volume, yet no news.....

So what do all you faux NVO Gurus' think that move was all about?? Do tell. Cant wait to hear your thoughts on the matter.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When u know how to follow & analyze, takes 2-3 yrs. to see pattern. When it's down it's always a good buy- as long as no bad news.