The truth. A must read if you work at Genentech!

Discussion in 'Genentech' started by anonymous, Aug 8, 2019 at 6:35 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It should be a very easy decision to leave Genentech. Did it several years ago and have not looked back. I do know that other companies are limiting the number of GNE folks to a very small number if any, especially oncology individuals, as most did not ever sell in a competitive environment. Good luck to all of you who are having to put up with the lack of management, from sales leadership and marketers who have ZERO innovation, and the wrath of CO who is just taking her orders from BA. There is a greener side without the toxic environment the Genentech is now known for.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Curious if you left years ago why do you still post here?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Fire anyone and everyone in G.A.T.C.F. Useless department.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is a sinking ship and anyone who can't see that has their head in their backside.

Why would anyone want to stay here, that's the real question? There are no promotion opportunities here anymore and there is more money to be made in smaller start ups.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The specific percentages and exact dates haven’t been decided yet and they are a guess. But other than that, this post is just what everyone has been saying for the past 12 months basically, right?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just to watching a sad thing taking place. Genentech was a good company to me and I would love to see a change but, doesn't look like it. The reason I watch this site is; I hate to see a place where I worked for so long, lose it reputation and credablity like it has. It was a great place for science but that is all gone.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The science left when Hal Barron (and now Sandra Horning) left. All great things must come to an end, and the end is very near for this company (at least it feels like it).

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This was going on 10 years ago until now. It’s ONLY now we realize the elephant in the room. We are realizing it NOW. We know the enemy and the enemy is US.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Same here - left awhile back and still check in occasionally hoping the news is not as bad as I hear from former colleagues. But, it's probably worse. My years at GNE were some of the best of my career and I'll always be thankful for the products, culture, and most of all, the people. They were a very high caliber for the most part. Then, standards ratcheted down with the Roche buyout and people were hired who would have never been considered just a few years before. That was the beginning of the end of the culture. The final nail was Roche's inability to plan for a future catastrophic sea change of the onc biosimilars. Basically, poor leadership all around. Yes, it would have been hard to overcome such a massive LOE but it's always possible IF you have the right leaders throughout the company all the way down to the CS level. A real shame and one for the business school case studies - of what not to do. Good luck all.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Roche’s business model is a rent seeking model when it comes to pharmaceuticals. That leaches off the American healthcare system.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And the bombs are starting to drop. The real talent in the organization is on the way out and we are left with the idiot "Squad Leaders" and CO calling the shots. This doesn't even mention the brain surgeons that came up with our Biosimilar "strategy".

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The real talent left long ago. Those leaving now are the lemmings that hang on because they don’t have the situational self awareness to cut their losses. Everyone is too focused on their core competencies to look beyond the wildfires of 1 DNA Way

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No job is safe and no company can guarantee job security. At the end of the day, this is a business and it can run only if the profits continue to exist. We should learn to see the opportunity(internal or external) in the times of change.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So does this mean club DNA is done?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Club RIP.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let’s be real. When you have 7 Oncology Reps calling on the same “no see” office, ( or a once a year lunch ) does it make sense to continue that model? The reason the culture and company were great in the eyes of Onc Reps, is that you only had to work a day a week, and collect a huge paycheck. Of course the gravy train is ending. Sorry to be blunt, but come on.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hal works at GSK now, and they are hiring and rebuilding an oncology organization.