The TRUTH....

Discussion in 'BSN Medical' started by Anonymous, May 1, 2015 at 3:47 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's being advertised on Med Reps as a 125-200k job.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He is an idiot.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HA! I will be lucky to make anything above $75K this year, with this crazy comp plan.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ridiculous and not even close! I made good money when KS ran the Hospital division, but not since...and they got rid of him, his goals were too realistic!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've never seen anything like this in my entire career. Everyone is out for themselves. No teamwork whatsoever. No one has your back. Not even your hiring manager. The RBM's all came from JOBST and they have no idea what they are doing on the wound care side. They don't listen to the field or anyone who has experience getting products through VACs and into the hospital systems. comp plan after comp plan is rolled out and the new one fails like the previous. Leadership and corporate partnerships mislead the field. They say we have contracts with GPO's, in fact there is no contracts, only pricing agreements and new technology awards. Leadership honestly thinks just because we get awarded a GPO new technology award that our products are instantly on formulary within the IDN's. They don't understand a GPO contract means nothing. Our products still must go through the VAC process at each institution and they have no concept of the timeline it takes to achieve the initial stocking sale.
    Sucess stories... HA!... Made up fabrications twisting the truth and adding BS sales numbers to the story. Recognition for a job well done. No not at this company. There are corporate favorites who can do no wrong and the ones in the field truly making progress are overlooked and unrecognized.
    Their products are great, but now with Global at HQ, leadership is again faking their sucess in an attempt to keep their job. The company is in too bad of shape to be sold. No one is making their number. The JOBST line is outdated and corporate is too errogaant to bring on new fashionably trendy stockings. JOBST will continue to be outsold in the US because their fashion trend is non-existant. The consumer finds JOBST overpriced and the luxury of the JOBST brand name is gone.
    This organization will crumble and I will be shocked if the company is still around in 2 years. BSN brought in a sluh of amazing sales people last September and most are already looking for other jobs. Stay clear of this orgaization if you value your reputation. The most amazing people are being thrown under the bus, used, abused and tossed to the side. There are people on plans who haven't been here a year yet.
    Take some advice from a peron who wishes they never made the switch. The grass is not greener at BSN. Infact it is brown and overgrown with weeds.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We are in great hands folks. As long as Guido continues taking guidance from RG, we will all make some big $$$ this year. RG is a visionary and motivator, I always feel like I'm in the presence of greatness when I have the opportunity to be in the same room as this adonis.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We are gaining headway in the wound care market. We just started having a dedicated wound care team in September. The new people aren't jumping ship. Many of the reps who had been here a while left. Maybe because they wanted to be in ortho and not wound care, or vice versa.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is right y'all. Everyone that left couldn't sell worth a lick and deserved to be exiled from the island. We are Survivors and get paid the big bucks!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who's hittin the corporate Bong pipe! In-hale deeply and don't pay attention to the 15 reps that have left since February! Of which than no less than 1/2 were new hires, less than 12 months on the job. The rest of us heavily looking and soon to follow.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We have 30 openings between the 3 divisions as of June and 2 more have left. Tenure has nothing to do with anything. This place is a shit show. Smoke and mirrors. Lies and deciet bid this place was so great people would not be leaving. No one is making money. I could make more money working home depot. 4 different comp plans in 6 months is a joke and the last one is no better than the previous ones. I will collect my salary ride around in a nice car while looking for something better.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So I guess morale is low?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is some.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interviewed recently with a new hiring Manager, what a waste of my time with this level of attitude and aptitude for the W&S (that means Wound & Skin, ha!) space this group will NEVER compete in this segment not a prayer. These folks don't know the first thing about garnering respect and attention in this HIGHLY competitive category, this person didn't know the first thing about who to target and how to go about it, not a clue. Good luck you folks are gonna need it...

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Learn your history.... There was a dedicated Wound Care team established over four years ago under Gary Keytel for WoundCare . Gary said then it wouldn't work (Oh I forget no one wants to hear at BSN about how we use to do things, that things that have happened in the past didn't work. . Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results...Albert Einstein)...oh yea no one listened so we let him go and brought in the current clown circus that has moved in and out the past three years. Germany better wake up and smell the coffee and clean house!!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As a rep you will not break $85k here. 4th compensation plan this year and it is still a joke. We are all living on our base salary. BSN does not value their employees but does give you a nice car to drive. Thats the only complaint from the people who left. They miss their car. I don't know of one person actually happy with their employment at BSN. Most people are looking for jobs, including the new hires, and can't wait to leave BSN far behind them.

If you plan on moving to an organization that can offer you professional growth, do not come to work here. Training is a joke. They don't give you the tools you need to succeed. They set you up for failure. Get used to an iPad because you will never see a laptop in the field. BSN leadership does not know the wound care market. We have fallen short in the compression market and I don't see us gaining market share anytime soon. Orthopedics, our cast tape is the best, but no one is making their number all the same.

Do your homework before coming here. Connect with reps via linked in and really understand what you are walking into, a sinking ship. Look into the company financial situation. Ask the person interviewing you very specific questions about the company and the market you would be coming into. You will be shocked at how much the managers do not know.
    The recruiters will lie to you because they want to get paid the referral fee. Not a bad gig if you think about it, they are getting paid for filling the SAME position twice within the same year.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Spot on. This place is a disaster in the making.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was with a very respected wound care company and came to this company with many promises. Each promise turned out to be a lie. Not one person at BSN really knows how to run a wound care segment, they think because they have new technology that it will just fly off of the shelf, truth be told they are all me-too products with zero formulary in any hospital and absolutely no 3rd party agreements to pull product through. Through May, the average growth over all territories was 83% yet very few were receiving any type of bonus. Ask yourself, how could a division grow that much yet not pay out bonus? Plus, if you aren't liked by anyone at corporate you will be pushed out. There are a contingent of corporate folks, you know who you are, who roll their eyes at reps for not presenting the right way or not doing a roll play perfectly, yet instead of encouraging and training, they are blasted and pushed out. Way to go BSN, you've set a new standard for incompetence and arrogance.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What made convinced you to make the move then? I'm also with a well respected wound care company and have been approached to interview for an open awc territory in the west. BSN doesn't really have a presence in any of the accounts I call on so it's hard to find out information. How much does the average territory generate in revenue and what are the growth goals? What is the management style at the top and is there any difference in the way regional sales managers get to manage their teams?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Stay away, this place is a mess and don't believe the BS the recruiters are telling you.