Therakos-advice/opinion

Discussion in 'Johnson & Johnson' started by Anonymous, Oct 10, 2009 at 7:22 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone have advice/opinion on the new J&J division of Therakos? This would be for sales. Thanks!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Their key product, CELLEX, has interesting potential and looks to be well over 2009 forecast. Michael Yang at the helm has been a welcome relief from a string of caretaker General Managers. This company has some future to it if further reimbursement comes.

Note, this is about a $100 sales company inside of the Ortho Clinical Diagnostics area so expect to roll up your sleeves and do some real work.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Should be $100 million annual sales

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How are the reps doing? Are most struggling to make quota? Is the commission plan capped? Do you need a major center in your territory to do well?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can't find the openings posted on Jnj's company career website. There is an opening posted on medreps. Has anyone else found this?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anybody know where Michael Yang moved to? He left Therakos as GM since June and moved to another J&J company.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anyone heard about Therakos being sued?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who cares where he went? The guy was all fluff and no substance.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's the approximate market share for therakos? What would you say to a potential account manager candidate who's looking to work for this division of JNJ? How hard would it be to get 100% quota attainment? What is the expected market share. Are there any issues with this company right now?

This position is located in canada.

any help would be great.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hard to meet quota and 75 - 85% of the traetments are for GVHD tretments (Off Label). The company has had performance issues and customers use the treatment to make money. Data is relatively weak but the treatment does seem to work on certain patients. It is tough for the sales team because they are told to stay on label but spens most of their time servicing GVHD accounts. Hope this helps!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stay far far away

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's the approximate market share for therakos? What would you say to a potential account manager candidate who's looking to work for this division of JNJ? How hard would it be to get 100% quota attainment? What is the expected market share. Are there any issues with this company right now?

This position is located in canada.

any help would be great.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds interesting. How do you know this? Do you still work for them?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked for them a while back. Made a lot of money but i hear things have changed. It is mostly off label sales. Unless they get a new indication long term is not bright.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why yes I do.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is an OFF LABEL nightmare

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

10 of the 12 territories are making good bonus...and although there is off label use..the focus on every teleconference and most every meeting is on label. Its a tough market out there, but there is a lot of job satisfaction.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whoever typed this needs to read what they wrote - BEHIND THE SCENES is off label discussions (Documents, meetings) but televonferences are all on label (which means the calls and training is not relevant to the day to day job). Botton line, small company, small expectations, large off label use. Stay away.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another case of good press for JNJ. Credo values are dead and it's always been about the $. JNJ can't handle too many more divisions being exposed so im sure they will settle Therakos quickly. It was fun but sad they didnt invest in doing it the right way.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guess my question is "what type of trouble" can Therakos be held accountable for with regards to all the off-label selling? Just a slap on the wrist?