There is no culture in this company, only incompetence

Discussion in 'Boehringer Ingelheim' started by anonymous, Dec 3, 2017 at 7:54 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Once again the BI "leadership" team has decided that the HSBS role that they implemented a mere 18 months ago is a dismal failure. It's not agility in the market. It's absolutely wrong strategy. People are losing their jobs again after Diabetes and CV reorg'ed 12 months ago. Putting people into different BU's, giving them huge layover territories and cutting the entire CSO force after things were just starting to settle down means that there is no strategy, no vision and only reactionary management. The territories ZS drew where no "people" were taken into account of continuity, where they live, and what BU they were previously in also shows that the culture here is do as I say, we don't care what you do.

The culture survey was a joke. It pointed to the home office as one where they pat each other on the back for bad ideas and then implement in the field. IC is terrible, getting anyone to respond at the home office is a joke since you can't leave a message for anyone....make sure to contact them by alternative means shows how out of touch with the field force they are. Yet we had to do the survey 3 times before they even started to believe it was the very top people we are unhappy with, not the local teams.

Another town hall won't fix it. The problem is deeply rooted and it has to be pulled out that way. Get some executives from outside of the company that have gone through these things. Stop recycling people from other countries who don't understand our markets or our relationships. Top people left recently because of these very things. The WRONG people are leaving. Leave the sales force alone for at least 24 months. Every time momentum starts to happen, things are reshuffled and the sales force reverts to upset, untrusting, and distracted people.

That's all....

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good post.

I doubt the home office in Connecticut is fine and backslapping buddies. I believe fear and survival is the primary motivation and culture. Yes. Even at the VP level.

They are taking orders from overseas who control the company. Follow the money. Then all of this BS and go to market strategy all flows into place.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I left this company 18 months ago during the reorg. While I have many friends at BI, I don’t understand why anyone would stay. There’s nothing compelling in your bags, you’re all completely underpaid, and the vacation benefits aren’t as good as you think. I got a $20k raise, my job makes me feel like I’m a consultant, and the vacation time is just as good.

Take this time to reflect on what drives you. Are you happy at BI or complacant? Do you think you’re capable of more and is this easy/cushy or are you growing? Don’t stick around just because you’re comfortable. There’s so much more out there that will feel more regarding and will pay better.

Either way, good luck my friends. I miss what we had 5 years ago.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you look around the company you will see that many of us are old (and no...there is nothing wrong with being old) but it does change the calculus when deciding whether to stay or go. I am happy that you have found a wonderful place for yourself. Enjoy it!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very eloquent OP. However, no admission my top brass that HSBS is a failure. On the contrary, they have unleashed the power of HSBS to have VERY FEW actual targets and gave given them "account work" to do. They will continue to "call on" the super-powerful like: low level techs doing PFTs; Cath lab techs; navigators; diabetes educators, etc. common thread: zero if these people write a single Rx. Keep it up HSBS. You're doing a helluva job!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All of this job shifting is crazy. Just hire a permanent dedicated hospital team and asthma team and pay a great bonus. You will have sales

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

a hospital team huh? We don't have any hospital drugs. Many of the HSBS were old inspec. A job with little accountability that has remained.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Complete agree with this post! I left 3 years ago and its been so much better. I feel happier and healthier than I did for years at BI.

There are so many people in BI who went to different companies in much more strategic roles after leaving. Being in CT significantly limits you in mobility to other organizations and therefore, unless you are in the inner circle, they'll ask more out of you will significantly lesser pay in a place with a significant cost of living.

My humble advise to former co-workers.... Get the hell out when you can and explore your opportunities in the marketplace!!!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Please read the advise I am about to give and seriously digest it. LEAVE PHARMA, ITS OVER FOLKS.

AGAIN LEAVE! Pick another industry. Its a sinking ship. its time for you to redirect your life if you want to survive in this world. The day of the pharma rep is OVER. Again it is OVER. Move on. Salaries are getting smaller and smaller. sales forces are getting smaller. Access is getting smaller and smaller. If you're close to retirement thats great stick it out but if you have any brains and many years till retirement LEAVE, reinvent your career and direction. Lay offs every year or every year and a half is no way to live the rest of your life.

The role of the pharma rep will continue to diminish. Watch it continue to happen. There are so many pharm reps out of work, people continue to accept working for less money. You may be smart and realize the impact of this...it lowers the market value and pay across the board. The job isn't a respected job.

Those who don't know how to reinvent their career path with eventually be chewed up and spit out. I wish you the best.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Blah blah and the world is ending. Happy New Year. Remember 2000 and all xomputers will go down. Guess what still running.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are 100% Right.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Stop drinking the kooliad and look at straight facts. Not saying the job won't exist any more.. Saying to accept what reality is, which is - lay offs after lay offs after lay offs. Year after year after year. Pharma isn't a dying industry...people will always need medication.

What is dying is the role of the pharma rep. Pay is decreasing and the NEED for the rep is decreasing. Maybe you're ok living through lay off after lay off till you realize, maybe you're ok putting your family through that...

If you don't see reality and react to the market to put yourself in a better position then it may be to late when you come to realization.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I spent 41 years i the pharma business and retired from BI back in 2013 after 21 years and i agree that the pharma representative job is a dying position. I don't know the current stats but I would expect that over the last 5 years, the total number of dedicated pharma reps. has decreased and the overall income for rep. jobs has gone down.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone who spent 21 years at BI lacks talent and insight on the pharma landscape.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The pharma rep count has dwindled but the salaries have not. Why do you think people stay? It’s a great job if you have it but definitely not as stable as it used to be.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you work at BI your salary is dwindling. The Grinch is stealing your bonus money by indexing it away. How pathetic is it that a company who wants to generate 25B by 2025 is making it on the backs of the people who are getting them there. It's just greed plain and simple. No one cares that this is a multi-generational family that wants to leave a dynasty to their great great grandchildren. Pay the people who are making the money for you. The SALES force.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Suck it you lonely reject !

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There is not another job out there that you get paid an insane amount of money for the little amount of time spent actually working. Per hour, reps make more than lawyers and doctors. Good luck finding any!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any way to find out if the indexes are cooked?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest