There won't be a delisting - Day 1 of the rest of Olympus's history starts today.

Discussion in 'Olympus Endoscopy' started by Anonymous, Dec 14, 2011 at 12:06 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sure, the news has been an embarrassment, and its not fun trying to explain what the hell happened to friends, family and customers; but in the end this thing will be a dark moment in the history of the company that basically ushers in cost containment, corporate governance, and end to "imperial ruling" and quite possibly the Michael Woodford era (if he gets his way).

Olympus Medical is not going anywhere - you can take that to the bank. Fuji, Hoya (Pentax), J&J, Stryker, or whoever the hell else had dreams of having a piece of this highly profitable, 80% market share will not see a lick of this business. I'd imagine that you are going to see a burst of technology and release of new products to regain the respect that the company once had.

Bottom line, as it is in the endoscope business, Fuji has a shitty product, Pentax cant get their head out of their ass, and more importantly, hospitals more than ever cant afford to completely change their line of equipment - so the huge market share is even that much more protected.

Olympus isn't going anywhere people; for better or for worse, there probably won't be many wholesale changes. Only problem, for those still left after all of the restructuring, is trying to work through the remnants of our customer service, sales, and marketing teams to get work done and service our customers.

Too big to fail. It was said early on, and holds true.

Sorry Olympus haters... the machine lives on.

I'd buy some stock if you want some easy money. And yes I'm serious.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is total BS. I think I know who you are, and you a fool who is not respected and could also soon be out of a job. Sorry you moved your family to Center Valley, real smart move. So this is the problem, we respect the products, but fools like you just dont get it or understand the business. Kind of like a rookie, but worse. Olympus will be gone, not because of haters but because it is dirty, and they hire turds like you. Why would anyone want to deal with or work with a dirty company?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't know that it's BS - but its definitely optimistic...

Olympus isn't out of the woods just yet, but I think the odds are much greater that the company (Medical at least) makes it through this without too many changes.

A pain in the ass for everyone hustling out in the field, and left doing all the work in the office; but there simply aren't any jobs left to cut in the Endoscopy division.

There could be LESS people in a certain division over the next 12 months though...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does this comment (& post title) help increase Olympus' credibility or further diminish it??

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If it helps keep reps from jumping ship, then I'd say it helps.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very Selfish turd. If you can find a better job take it, because there is very little stability here, and the company is just dirty. The joker who wrote the original post does not have a back bone, and is neither liked or respected in center valley. Hey it's all about Olympus, who cares about the employee.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what does this mean for Olympus? Is INTEGRITY in the Japanese dictionary...sounds like this is cultural issue. No respect for the lack of true leadership.

http://news.businessweek.com/article.asp?documentKey=1376-LWAJQO6JIJYB01-61TH1U2OG957R56HK68D5OCSDG

from article..."He (Woodford) also criticized the passivity of the country's shareholders and the negative effect of cross-shareholdings.
    No ‘Thank You'
    “Not one Japanese shareholder stood up and said ‘Mr. Woodford is right. Thank you, Mr. Woodford,'” he said. There has been “a total and utter silence.”

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not to worry, this company will take the high road and treat the sales people well. New products, marketing campaign, commision plan. What more could you want. This company is well funded and going places. Please dont jump ship at this critical moment. Always remember this company is all about its employees

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thats terrific news, now this corrupt and sick company can remain a player. You were correct but please tell, why was the company about to be delisted because it is well run? This is the worst company I have ever worked for because of shits like you

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The key is to stay positive, yes the company is not doing well, but we have great sales leaders, and we still have LESS, the robot really wants to take this from us, but they can't. Just always understand the company has your back!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would hate to be in SURGICAL IMAGING division now . Youy are the step children, so very angry , took suction irrigation from the cah cow . Stop wining and sell some endo eye .

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How about we just take the urology bag back... And you can hit the bricks ass clown!!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Take it back ..... Keep selling your LESS port . You guys are the joke of the industry ....

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, but LESS is a great tool to access the OR and my docs love it, Surgical is well trained, and we are the leaders, because we have a great marketing team and sales leadership.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

leaders in what market and what product ..... storz rep here just curious

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Endoscopy, Mr. Storz.

Your cheap product has never had a chance.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Our company is well run and we have the best products, Storz is yesterday's products. You don't have LESS. Sorry but you can not get into an OR, and sell clinically