They have us so bad now

Discussion in 'The Darkened Sample Closet' started by anonymous, Apr 28, 2018 at 6:37 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They can call us anytime, text us, email us, track us via GPS. My region had a text chain that was none stop and if you didnt respond you're not a team player.

The mental stress of knowing you're on call almost all day is overwhelming. It's not like the old days when we didn't have cell phones or email. I wish your generation good luck. I retired in march. I said goodbye to this awful industry. Life is much more peaceful now.

niccolo nietzsche likes this.

2. niccolo nietzsche

Getting into medical sales now- made the decision to avoid pharma after getting CP guidance and perspective- but I can speak from my prior position in finance that recreational group texts within the company are always a sign of idiocy and micromanaging.

My experience is that this dynamic genuinely occurs under female leadership. I was actually pulled into a sit-down in my manager's office because I wouldn't engage in the e-mail chains and instant messaging that the women spent half of their days fueling with their asinine discourses on the riveting tales of cute guys and their niece's ballet recitals.

Before I'm accused of bigotry, I was hired by a female C-Level executive who was brilliant...but those are the exception...my organization happened to have as many as you would ever expect to find.