They will not close down Irvine campus

Discussion in 'Allergan' started by anonymous, Nov 22, 2015 at 10:47 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let me stop you all now, Pfizer will not be shutting down the Irvine campus. Unlike the Jersey site, we are very specialized to the Allergan legacy portfolio. People in the field are SOL, for once the corporate functions in Irvine will be just fine. Brent found our business unique and complex enough to keep it as is.

Bye bye Actavis/Forest legacy!

Allergan still rules!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Careful what you wish for!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agreed! Allergan Irvine will stay. R&D may take a walking, but the commercial team will stay. We always do. Sorry r&d colleagues, we really aren't "all commercial"

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Does anyone have real information on what will happen to us in Irvine?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I do. Assume that the opposite of everything your read here is true. In other words, Allergan is leaving Irvine. This logic has worked out quite well the last couple years with about a 98% accuracy rate.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Keep dreaming. Right now there are probably serious negotiations taking place for the purchase of the land/buildings. Allergan is in prime Irvine territory and there has always been talks of moving. This Pfizer merger is the final nail in the coffin. Don't say I didn't warn you when you are leaving with a cardboard box.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I got to agree. The token research going on in Irvine is with a skeletal biology group and even thinner medicinal chemistry group looking for a needle in a hay stack. Botox is the elephant in the room. My guess is all of the research programs minus Botox are eliminated or offered east coast options. Botox will take awhile to move but they will never keep Irvine running just for Botox. Financial waste that would be. The bummer for the Irvine folks is the poor severance that they will get. Not the enhanced severance the first merger people got. The Allergan site will get sold and renamed! End of a great company! You all have Pyott to thank!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Read the FAQ before you guess. Last bullet states enhanced severance is extended: -

If my position is eliminated, what severance plan am I eligible to receive benefits under?
    • The legacy severance plans for Actavis, Forest, Allergan, Durata, Kythera, AqueSys, Warner Chilcott will
    remain in place and this transaction will be considered a new change in control for purposes of determining
    benefits under those plans.
    • Because we have not had an opportunity to harmonize our severance plans in the U.S., employees based
    in the U.S. covered under their legacy-company plans will be entitled to receive the higher of the severance
    benefit under that plan or the cash severance benefit under the Employee Severance Pay Plan for Employees
    of Actavis, Inc. and Certain of Its U.S. Subsidiaries or the Change of Control Severance Pay Plan for Certain
    Management Employees of Actavis, Inc. and Its U.S. Subsidiaries, depending on the employee’s
    legacy grade.
    • Any current severance plans that were set to expire on March 17, 2016 will be extended.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Confirmed! Irvine is here to stay!!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

By whom? Every article and news that I've read seems to indicate the opposite. Good luck with your "confirmation."

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You're clearly not on the inside. Good luck with your news articles.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was on the inside when Activis got Allergan, and I was told my job was safe until I walked into my VPs office on March 18th only to exit with 85% of my other department employees. Be careful what you are told! Think about the logic of Pfizer keeping Irvine open and alive! There is none. Botox will be the last standing entity in Irvine until they prepare a site back east. BTW- the VPs I still am in contact with are confirming exactly what I have just said. Like Activis' deal, this is part of the next 7-9 month process to figure out if any discovery research will be saved and who will be included. Right now Botox is just about it, but the discovery aspects of synergies in research are only beginning. This could change but most likely most in r and d are toast.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think the logic in keeping the Irvine office (or at least some campus on the west coast) would be that derm/aesthetics and ophtho are TAs that Pfizer doesn't have, and those would have to remain here unless they want to divest all of those products.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All speculation, no one has inside info one way or the other because no decisions have been made. The fact is Pfizer has a history of shutting down legacy US sites. When Pfizer bought Wyeth, they had a combined 127 sites globally. Guess how many there are now? 50, and mostly legacy Pfizer sites. History tells us the majority of legacy Pfizer sites will stay, that leaves many less Allergen sites to survive. This is the one honest response in the thread.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Please close that mess of a site in Cincinnati: bad location, no special product, terrible leadership

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Irvine is 100% safe. After all we can discover 1 molecule per decade, ok closer to 2 decades, and our crack development can submitt an NDA as quickly as any other company.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Submitting means nothing Sesha, only approvals count

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Death and taxes are 100 % nothing else is

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LOL sarcasm :D

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Na na na na, na na na na