They will not close down Irvine campus

Discussion in 'Allergan' started by anonymous, Nov 22, 2015 at 10:47 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The Irvine campus will likely be a mixed residential/commercial use area as soon as Pfizer unloads the property and send the employees to the EDD line.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There are a lot of people who are in serious denial of the obvious...Pfizer will follow its MO.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There are just as many who have no clue about select agents.

I have no idea what plans Pfizer has, but I do know that if they plan to sell Irvine it will take much longer than many believe. Some of the reasons have already been listed...these are not opinions...they are facts.

The timeline to move a SA facility cannot be shortened...it is what it is. We are 10 months post close and the Biologics Formulation group has still not moved into their new lab in RD3...same company...same facility.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Time will tell which side is correct. In the meantime, Irvine awaits their fate. It may take a while to move it, however, Irvine will close within 5 years if not less. No reason to keep it when the commercial facilities in Ireland can take on what Irvine does now very easily. Still pink slips in Irvine and the people working there will certainly not retire there.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

maybe they will turn it into a golf course

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree that Irvine may very well be closed within a few years.

One issue with moving to Ireland would be finding researchers with SA experience. It is much easier attracting potential employees to Orange County than Westport Ireland.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If so, the Irvine crew will consist of the top researchers and small support staff sitting behind a desk interacting remotely with Ireland in a Pfizer rented office space. These research heads will manage SA from afar while Ireland is where the actual work will take place. Perhaps, once the skill set of the Ireland crew is up to par, the Irvine crew will be let go and the Pfizer Irvine office will close permanently close.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

BS may have to sell it to get stock price up.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"They will not close down Irvine campus". Remove the word "not"; and, the truth be told!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree that it is a very safe bet that Irvine is on the auction block to developers for other uses than pharma within the next 2-3 years. There will be mass crying when this comes true.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2-3 years is an eternity with this company. Nothing to worry about yet...

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Unless you can pay your OC mortgage off in 2-3 years.......good luck!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The campus won't close, it will become a museum to failed farm-ah. To companies that were hijacked by incompetent middle manages who rigged the system to build empires instead of therapies.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No, not a museum. Since it's "Pfailed Pharma" (as outlined above), a petting zoo sounds more appropriate.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I will be royally pissed if they close Irvine , I purchased a big bucks house here two years ago ($1.7 mil) and all I need is a another move! I'm ready to go into teaching and quit this R&D crap , too unstable

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

1.7?? Where and what position are you that you can afford 1.7?!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So sad where we are today. Everything was so different 2 years ago. Shame (ding-ding)

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Better be paying off those large mortgages to stay or move out of sunny So Cal with no job and saddled with large debts. Pharma work is slim pickings in California, companies are highly selective and low balling all the way. Whatever is left in California will be cut by the next buyout. Better have something else like a career change because that is the only way survival in California is possible.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's official - it's staying open.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Based on what facts?