Thinking of joining Intuitive? Culture update.

Discussion in 'Intuitive Surgical' started by anonymous, Jun 29, 2019 at 11:45 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I've spent a good number of here years at ISI, and they are legitimately screwing the reps…..specifically the higher paid Senior Reps. This is NOT a secret to anyone working here and above a junior rep/ CTA level. Take a look at the model in place....they are raising quotas to an unbelievably and unrealistic level so the Sr. CSR's will eventually leave, and they don't have to announce any layoffs. Then, they replace the Sr. Rep with 1-2 associate level reps in their place. The heavy lifting in General Surgery has been done, now all they need is a warm body in the room to cover cases and maintain their current business as competition comes to the forefront. The company is all about keeping a high price on its volatile stock, if they announce layoffs as they did back in 2013-2014, it would affect their stock (Again). Its all about reducing overhead.....a Sr. CSR is paid $225+ at plan, an Associate Reps is paid about $85k at plan. They will hire 2 associate reps to "cover cases" rather than sell, and thereby reducing company overhead. General Surgery has flatlined in most territories and they just want to hold on to what they have...and an Associate Rep can maintain the status quo. They killed the reps in the past to deliver, and we have, now they set the Sr. Reps out to pasture to cut overhead. This is the reality, and anyone who says this is NOT happening is either a new rep and still in the honeymoon phase or one of those high paid Director or AVP's that keep self promoting one another. Agree or disagree all you want, but the reality is the truth. Everyone in here right now is looking for a way to get promoted or get the hell out of sales roles, including mangers, reps, and directors. Take a look at the Sales Meetings....90% new hires at a CTA level while the talented reps are running for the hills or being chased off.

So if you are a new college grad or with low sales experience and like to work like a dog for 85k- then this is the place for you. Mind you, it takes years to reach CSR and you will be be at the end of the cycle above.

If experienced, I’d pass.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

$225k at plan? Haaaaa, what a joke. And all this time you cocky freaking ISI reps walking around the OR like your shit don’t stink and you only make $225 at plan? I don’t know what’s worse, a steroid junky Stryker rep w/ a Tribal tatt pushing the Mako into total joints or you pansy ass Intuitive reps peddling your robot into lap chole’s like it’s life altering surgery. Bravo sir, someone finally admitted what you actually are and knocked you down a peg or 3. I get a call from a recruiter about once a quarter for you guys because oh looky, the territory is open again. Sure am glad I never joined up with you low paid clowns so I don’t have to ‘run to the hills’ like this poor bastard veteran.

Prove me wrong.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone who is demeaning towards people for earning “only $225,000” is an out of touch douchebag, and probably deserves to be “knocked down a peg or 3”.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Re-read the post jackoff...$225k at plan he said. Which means the majority of the sales force is making closer to $180, if your good and hit plan to make what I would refer to as standard in the industry money if you’ve been around for awhile and have good relationships. Then the top of the food chain-those who are north of 250/300+ and go to prezzy club. Top 10 reps maybe? Don’t get me wrong here chap, $225k is good money IF you hit plan and the quota is attainable. However based on my buddy over here who is running to the hills because your awesome robot company is hiring pimple popping college kids to cover cases and chasing the vets out of town is a good and sustainable gig, then all you pal. Enjoy your ASR as long as you can because don’t think for a second he wouldn’t out your ass to double his income to, like I said, the majority of what you clowns make: $180. Nothing to be pompous about. Now go suck some more bile out of a gallbladder and know your role . Smooches.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

“The majority of you clowns make: $180. Aren’t you missing a few zeros or you some Bozo Pozer who sells Pharma. Go back to Mom’s basement.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Spot on. The culture here is a toxic shithole. So many CSRs looking to leave....

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agreed, my manager is constantly up my ass but I think it’s really because the hammer is coming down hard on him. I had a good run here but the writing is on the wall. Time to move on, the culture blows, lots of unhappy reps not making nearly what they used too. And let’s be honest with ourselves, not all reps have those flagship accounts that have the caseloads to justify buying or upgrading their robot.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I went on an interview/field ride recently with Intuitive. A case cancelled and the rep I was with freaked out. He started talking to the coordinator about restricting the surgeon’s access to the robot because she “had too many cancellations”. I passed on moving forward. Don’t need to worry about missing quota cause it’s flu season.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I had a ride along with a guy in DC, M Hunter. What a fukn douche. Never met anyone so pompous yet couldn’t admit he wanted to suck my balls at the same time. Come out of the closet yet?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Used to Love the end of the quarter when my manager is up everyones ass on my team about “flipping cases”. Begging surgeons to do the case robotically for no reason. Or managers stressing out when a csr takes a vacation at the end of the quarter- ie Christmas. What a joke among so many other “best practices”, so glad I left. Culture was terrible the entire time. Can’t wait for MDT and JNJ to launch their system. So many previous reps are dying to sell it and stick it to IS. Not to mention most hospitals and staff HATE ISI.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is spot on.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I fucking hate this place

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So true but so far away from having a competitor. I heard they are still touting the “Doctor you better learn to do this robotically or you’re going to get passed up and left behind” If they don’t get trained then screw them, go train their partner or competition and put them out of business. Such a douche way to try an convert surgeons by fear of losing patients. Who cares what’s best for the patient.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OMG! I miss this place so much since I left. I miss entering all the salesforce data, reconciling cases, covid zoom roleplays with my csm and csd creeping in the background, being in the OR 12 hours a day, and in general just all the micromanagement all for just 230k a year at plan. Please take me back, I want to spend another 3 months in training again and as little time as possible with my family at home after once the real deal begins post training.

Oh yeah, and all the mandatory internal calls we were force on every week, thats was fun too!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If this is true the recruiter is a massive liar (female). She talked nonstop about how the culture has changed dramatically. I wonder how she sleeps

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh yeah, pretty accurate. Oh don’t forget the occasional saturdays that you have to come in and help with resident workshops at academic hospitals. I am so glad I left after 2 years. Worst pay for as much time as you spend in the OR. Too many jobs that are 250k plus and I get to see my family every evening.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Intuitive is a great gig if you have minimal experience or are fresh out of college. As to why any experienced adult would work here like a dog for minimal $ is beyond me. Did my 4 years and moved on to something better. ISRG is a stepping stone, not a destination. The good reps know this and move on to more $ and better quality of life.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lot's of whining in this thread. Is Intuitive a demanding gig? Of course it is. If you didn't know that when signing up that's on you. I've been here over 5 years and haven't made less than 300 nearly every year and that's not mentioning the skyrocketing stock options. Can you find a job where you work less and make more? Sure. But you can say that about countless other shit slinging positions. The fact is any considerable time at ISRG will get you in the door at nearly any device job you can think of when you realize it's not for you anymore, and for good reason.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey meatbrain. Your 300k is from your Monopoly money. Now go back to your meat cutting job.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nothing has changed here. Culture is still just as shitty as its always been.