This is a horrible place to work

Discussion in 'Otsuka' started by anonymous, Sep 28, 2015 at 11:52 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

metric mania

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Really feel bad for those without experience in this industry and took this job, because they didn't know.

Now, those of you with experience and took this on, you deserve everything you get.

It should have been so obvious that the products are a joke. But, you love money so much, that it didn't matter. Right?

Dummies.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think the culture right now is at an all time low.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

C'mon. There is a difference between loving to pay your monthly bills at 120k annually and loving money so much because you make 300k a year. Even 120k is not "loving money". It's a great salary, but honestly, there are people in the professional world that make A LOT more. Let's keep a realistic perspective here.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's all relative. 120 is awesome in Alabama. Not in NJ.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Abilify is still the number one selling pharmaceutical, it brings in over 4 billion per year in sales. Otsuka makes billions and what they pay their whole workforce is probably only around 5% of their earnings. Makes me wonder why they keep pushing us so hard and acting like we need to keep increasing our sales every quarter.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I can tell you that field sales morale is at it's worst and at a time when we are trying to launch a new product to replace our cash cow.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How many people are making quota so far on rexulti and Nuedexta? We are not even close and I've never worked harder

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This company stays in panic mode. Between that and the "metric mania", people are miserable.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are you maximizing your call plan attainment (CPA)?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It will be interesting to see if they show us the results of the employee survey.
    How will they cover up and sugar coat it?
    Then again most people didn't even bother to do it because they know that nothing will change.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why should they invest in their employees? This is a Japanese company that hit it lucky with Abilify - they made so much money back then that they were happy to share it with the employees but now they are way over their head with Maintenna and the new superstar Rexulti! Launching Maintenna was such a grind because they had no clue about LAIs - J&J ate their lunch and now Alkermes will come and take advantage of the little progress Maintenna made. Then they have the audacity to price Rexulti above the market thinking the stupid little physicians would just roll over their Abilify patients because Otsuka wants them too. Metrics are metrics and nothing more. Metrics do not sell - it worked before because Abilify was a novel anti-psychotic. Good luck with the dog products we got now. What is the current national share for Maintenna - 2% or so? And with Rexulti being on the market for a few months now it is not even close to the launch of Abilify. Guess ole BMS really did know something about marketing after all

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The Otsuka metrics mania is now bleeding over to Lundbeck. Lundbeck used to be anti-big pharma, but now, we are following the lead of Otsuka in metric wars. Not a good situation.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I also have a few documents saved in my thumb drive to show that OPDC used key principle investigators to run clinical trials who clearly violated GCP, disregarded corrective and preventative actions and the manager and QM clearly ignored them and kept them hidden in plain sight. One of these days, all of these will come to light. I want to see Otsuka penalized in the worst way.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If what you say is true you need to go to the authorities and provide them what you have and tell them what you know. It is so important that you do this rather than keep quiet as it puts patients at risk if what you say is true.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

...and where was Ms. Cavalierre while all of this was going on?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Likes to follow outdated 1990's methods. If you spend money, you will see higher sales.
    Programs, reach,frequency, lunches...
    He was run out of the hospital division for his questionable decisions such as overshooting the goals and watching over 40% of the sales division leave due to low payouts. The year before, he adjusted the IC so we were short changed in the retail sales. He did everything he could to disincentivize retail sales and now we are begging for it. My manager shows me my retail numbers ever time they are with me. What the hell??? Make up your mind. I just sell wherever I can get business.
    Who do you think gets hurt the most by these stupid decisions? The highest producers! That's who left.
    This guy was going to bring the hospital division down from the inside out because everyone was quitting.
    His replacement got rid of all the DBD and Depth Tracker BS, created a less "big brother" atmosphere, raised the bonus, and allowed us to breathe and work. I can actually sell without checking boxes and holding bogus programs. I had my resume out but now I think I'll stick around now that we have better leadership.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Mark my words, GB is the straw that has broken the camels back for Neuro at least in the East Area, it will never be the same again while he is here. Now I know why Hospital used to post so much about him.....he brings no value and is a wasted salary or layer in this already ridiculous upper management structure.

90's pharma tactics that were peddled by every vendor....HR...listen to the surveys, the answers are all there for what needs to be addressed!!