This is a horrible place to work

Discussion in 'Otsuka' started by anonymous, Sep 28, 2015 at 11:52 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was wondering why he was demoted. Seems like a nice enough guy, but is just an empty suit that does better in meetings than leading teams. I don't know why he carries so much weight with senior leaders. The emperor has no clothes.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My guess is that she would have been yelling at the leadership and others about how they are not being compliant or putting the company and patients at risk. She was above board and a person who cared about Otsuka and patients. I am not a friend of hers but I have to give credit where credit is due given I sat through a lot of meetings with her and watched her in action. She really did embody integrity.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

now you understand why she left

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have never seen anything like this current state. Everyone is just checking boxes and making it up. It is really bad and attitudes are in the toilet. Something has to change at the start of 2016 or else there will be a huge exit once again but I do wonder if that's not part of their plan?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We tried to tell them it was impossible basically that we were all lying but no one cares. Is this GBs doing? 8 calls per day may have worked at one time, like when my territory was a third of the size.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"We are not like big pharma."

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do all companies sue the FDA when their patent expires?

Believe me, I'm all for getting all we can from our cash cow, but now I feel like we are a company like the one that jacked up the price of their drug 5000%
    I saw we sued the FDA a few months ago, then tried to claim orphan status, now we are suing again. Way to keep it classy. Isn't it all about the patients?
    Are we desperate or lack confidence in current or future drugs?
    We are suing generic makers as well as competitors of the aLAI version.
    I would love to work in a world where we can retain our patent in perpetuity, but that is not reality. We need to innovate. I don't feel very good about being associated with this greedy company. Kind of like a lawyer who defends criminals or someone who peddles cigarettes. Is the money good? Yes, but how do you feel about yourself?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are spot on.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

agree this is a very shady place

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes - exactly. I've had a really rough time with my red team. They worked hard to manage AM for a while and now they have to play in the sandbox with the hospital team, who "owns" the sandbox. On top of that crap, convincing HCPs that Samsca is going to make their jobs easier is like trying to light a brick on fire. I like the company and have a really good manager, but I'm floundering. Looking actively.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Selling Nuedexta is the same way. The only territories with lots of TRx are promoting off label. Even if we wanted to our state won't cover off label.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

To the management at Otsuka in Princeton and Rockville...including low level managers. You all SUCKS!!!! Too many of you people are FAKE and have resorted to becoming "YES" men/women who don't have a clue other than following your pecking orders. You're just thankful you've made it into their circle as your ass kissing had paid off. Just go f*()CK yourselves.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thank you.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The other shoe dropped when Mark left. So sad to see a company with great history fall apart so fast and so hard.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Terrible place? No kidding.

An organization's culture is created and driven at the top. Look at what has transpired at the senior leadership level over the past several years.

Enough said.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I've witnessed it firsthand. They are all immoral, unethical bastards. Some of the crap that's been on here...it's all true. Lies, misuse of information, affairs, all of it

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"Mark left" because he was asked to leave.

This is a toxic environment and is being run by amateurs who cannot and will not lead. They do not know what to do, their "vision" changes from quarter to quarter (depending upon what Japan tells them to do), and the only real news we get are platitudes and promotion announcements as they congratulate each other with phony job roles and raises. Oh, and we did get new Jawbone bracelets. Those are kind of cool.

This is a make believe company run by make believe professionals.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Terrible?
    Strong words. I'd say a waste of time for anyone with skills and ambition. We have plenty of ambitious ass-kissers who we see promoted, but lack skills.
    Now the fact that we don't really work, pretend to make calls and set up a speaker dinner once in a while in exchange for generous pay and great benefits is not a bad trade-off. Just be sure you don't get your hopes up for a promotion, recognition, or anything else that is motivating. But if you aren't working, you don't expect or deserve it anyway. I don't feel bad. I made my own bed and spend my day tending to my rental houses. That's why I don't complain.

For those who think this place is "terrible", either accept it and do what I do or quit.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Some of you will realize new opportunities very soon. Like real soon.
    Like, what were you expecting when your territory doesn't perform and we lose our biggest money maker? Start interviewing. You'll feel much better when you look back when your are in a better situation. This place is a joke.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Insert Head into Sand