This place is worse than big pharma

Discussion in 'Ironwood Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, Oct 29, 2016 at 11:33 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

For once, cafepharma posters were right about this place. I should have never taken this job, I had a good job in big pharma. I thought coming to a biotech small pharma would be a different feel, and was promised it was during all those panel interviews. Instead, the micro management is a hurricane like I've never seen before. There are trackers and metrics for everything. Slide use, drop down box use, and the most asinine ever....CALL NOTES. Who the f_-_ still does call notes in pharma?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yep, this place sucks balls and it's micromanaged to hell.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This company is delusional. It is worse in metrics than any other big pharmaceutical company I've ever worked for. I've never seen so much busy work and pointless stuff in all my life. Also why the heck are SEIs looked at for pay more than prescriptions? This is sales, isn't it?!! They claimed this company is different and it's all about the culture. It IS different. It's worse, filled with time wasters and yes-men, and the culture is awful (paranoid, complete confusion, stressful, busywork, etc.). I, as well as three others that I know of, are already looking for another job. Completely shocked and disappointed it turned out this way.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, this place is awful. They micro-manage through the SEI's. They even micro-manage the call notes. Really, you want call notes?? what a shitty company and it is just getting dumb. Rob Tallman couldn't manage his way out of a wet paper bag. Rob, go in the field and try some selling buddy, oh wait, you suck at it and that's why you got out of the field.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What a bunch of spoiled pharma brats we have hired at Ironwood. What job doesn't hold you accountable for your work? Salespeople have metrics, get over it. Call notes are not a big deal, so long as you are an ethical person. Why is it a big deal to share information from our customers, as a learning tool to make us better? I'm guessing the same reps crying on here probably also have a problem with role plays at POA meetings and feel entitled to everything else that is wrong with this industry.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You think it is bad here. The Allergan counterpart in my area has been with the company 5 years and make a base of 58,000. Grass is not always greener.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Call notes are a Lawyers wet dream!!!!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well, this post just shows how little you actually know about being in the field. There is a way to hold salespeople accountable, which that is through our numbers and then there is a way to micromanage and demoralize the salesforce (metrics). Call notes are nothing but trouble and guess who gets in trouble for them if someone could possibly misread them??? we do!! I don't complain about role plays, it's a part of the job, but the metrics and micromanagement at this company is off the charts. IW sucks and not worth the pay check anymore.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agreed! Shocked that Ironwood has gone so retro in such a bad way. Whoever called for that exercised very poor judgement. There was a reason almost all pharma companies abandoned call notes some time ago. It's called Liability!:eek:

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I like to do call notes while home watching tv eating chips. It makes me feel like I'm actually working.
    Like..another great call with Dr. Sh#%bag. He really likes the drug and responds to features and benefits for patients. I closed him hard for next three patients wearing adult diapers. After that textbook hotel conference room call I can really look forward to only 2 more years of sucking up then Senior Sales Rep title is all mine!!!!!!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey D Bag manager. You interviewed me for over 10 hours last summer. Does anyone else remember those 4 hour long panel interviews we all had to pass to get this job? Not ONCE did any of you D Bags in management mention call notes or the other babysitter metric tools you masturabate too daily. I'm here through the holidays, come January take this job and shove it up those call notes you read to your kids every night.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Couldn't be more correct in blaming Rob Tallman. He is the downfall of Ironwood. He needs to move on.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you don't like it here; there are other opportunities.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Love this thread. You should all go work for Synergy. Trulance is going to be an easy sell, and will kill Linzess in a few years.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We can't, we all signed non competes. I'd rather be a contract rep for Synergy than do these call notes I'm forced to do. Allergen reps do not have non competes, I hear many of their GI specialty reps will be going to Synergy.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Its going to be a great job until they sell off in 6 months.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So pissed I bought into the hype, left a good job and came here. The culture sell was a complete and huge lie and I fell for it. Ive never seen so many stressed out depressed coworkers and managers - all because the patients aren't there, or even a need for the drug according to most doctors yet they want to pressure reps for the company's bad purchase. Thanks for nothing Ironwood. I'm out as soon as I can find something else.