This Really Hurts! How can they do this to us?!!

Discussion in 'Genentech' started by anonymous, Jun 27, 2018 at 10:12 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I believed in you Genentech. Gave you my blood, sweat, and tears! What about my family! Or mortgage! Or major bills?!!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No pharma organization, and possibly no organization is loyal to employees when revenue is in the equation.
    Don't be so gullible next time.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wake up. Grow up. You’re not living in Lala land. No company or employer cares about you. You’re a number, a piece of meat, a means to their end. It’s not personal, it’s business....no emotions a
    lowed. All that counts is profit and shareholders. They may tell you differently, but ask all the thousands of Pharma reps who have been dumped in the past 10 years. There is no “ family”, team, loyalty, compassion.....it’s all blah, blah, blah bullshit. I was in the top 5% for 15 yrs. when the company dumped me and many like me. We were simply getting too old. Most were 45-50. They could hire 2 reps for the price of one. Luckily, the job market was still good and I came here. I heard the same bull about how wonderful Genentech is, we love you, we care about you....... I smiled, oohed and ahed, thanked HR, and just laughed to myself as I walked out the door thinking “ Yeah, Right”.
    And now, here we all are. This is only the first round, make no mistake, another downsizing is coming.
    Think Profits, not People.

You’re biggest mistake was giving your blood, sweat and tears. I did in my early career when companies were more paternalistic and loyal to employees. NO MORE! It’s just business to me just like it is to them. My Profits, not theirs.
    Good luck to you. Stop crying, get over your disappointment and anger, take inventory of yourself, decide what you want/ need to do, and move on.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Stop initiating these threads, Troll, and then responding to them.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The last time I checked, it wasn’t Genentech’s responsibility to control how you spent your money or what you might spend it on. This is where personal responsibilities fall on you, not your employer. If you got yourself into a financial mess and don’t have a rainy day fund to cover it, don’t blame your employer.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do you get paid by the word, Troll?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Actually my first time posting on here after reading the thoughts and feelings of everyone else. Call me a troll as well if you want, just saying you weren’t forced by this company to get in financial trouble living from pay check to pay check. That is just gluttony and greed

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Listen you idiot. Good colleagues lost their jobs today and anyone can fall on financial bad times even if you are prepared. You are a really sick person to even make that blanket statement. How dare you judge anyone. “Your first time posting” my ass. Don’t even know you but know the type of person you are. Go away.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ok. This is my first time to post. Your comments are harsh and out of order. Anyone laid off will receive a generous parting gift. You will eventually get over the loss of Genentech parties, concerts, gifts, fancy European sports company cars, entertainment outings at NSM, etc. At the end of the day, it’s just materialistic stuff that youll eventually forget about. Now go be happy.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No one cares about any of that stuff. It’s obvious you are a constant poster on here. People just lost their jobs. It’s a pretty big deal so they don’t need unsympathetic fools like you minimizing it. You’re unbelievable!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

you say "people" lost their jobs today, but at least from your posts, you weren't one of them, which is probably too bad really.

Anyway, take a big drink of STFU and let the "people" speak for themselves.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This person doesn't work here so step around. Paid troll.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Apparently you just don't work since you're patrolling the threads here all day.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The sun came up today, so it really wasn't the end of the world for anyone yesterday. The greatest lessons in life are learned in hardships and difficulty. Good luck to all whose career path took a detour yesterday.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well said. Control what is within your control.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

God grant you the serenity to accept the things you cannot change, the courage to change the things you can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you want loyalty to your family, go work for daddy.

You learned a valuable lesson, son. You work in exchange for a paycheck, benefits and maybe a few perks. It’s a transactional relationship that can be terminated by either party at anytime.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You can go away now troll. Stop starting threads and posting on them. The show's over.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh they’re not done, honey! More cuts to come right before the Holidays!!!! Budget for those Fall vacations and Christmas gifts accordingly!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks for stating the obvious, troll.