This used to be.....

Discussion in 'Industry Veterans' started by Anonymous, Dec 11, 2012 at 8:29 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone?

Steve Jobs and Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg are morons then, according to you.

You are who?

Thought so.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I respect the OP. After 15 years, my comp, was taken over by a Jr. wanna-b company with 20-30 yr olds who cussed, screamed and kicked when things did not go their way. Because I stayed calm and professional in meetings and interactions with them, I was 'branded' as being dispassionate about my job. The way I was raised, I was a professional and tantrums were for babies. Well, the babies are steering the ship now. That's all. Im out and glad about it.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice post here.
    Set these people straight.
    It has been my experience that working for "the man" is not a good way to live life. But, I can see how others love it, because working for a corporation has to be the most mindless "job" around, with no room to be creative or grow as a professional (in most cases, but absolutely true in pharma, in pharma there is absolutely no career development).

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

By no means does this hold water in all cases. However, I come from a large family. Those that went to college had an easier start in their careers. Twenty years later. The wealthiest and most successful in the family never set foot in a college class room. They call the shots. While I am trying to keep the lights on playing up to recent college grad and a self-important physician that could care less. Times change.

Think about this. Most would have been far better off in the long-run if we got into teaching or insurance sales. Sexy? No. But you seldom get laid off either.

I kick myself for not taking some investments and jumping 10 years ago.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yup, yup, and yup.
    Starting as a 1099 sales professional is the best sales opportunity around.

Working corporate is good for about 3 years out of college, because it does give you a bit of polish and sales training.

But, after that, it is best to move on your own, as a 1099, if you want to stay in sales.

The is a fundamental problem of corporate culture, that you are treated like a kid. Your creativity is not valued. Your work ethic is not valued. What is valued is your ability to kiss a lot of corporate rear end. That is why you see so many corporate people that are bores in the game of life and are not street smart either.

The smartest people that I ever encountered were those that started their own business with a foundation with education also (for example, dentists with a thriving practice) OR contractors that make tons of money in construction.

At corporate, you just have your bores, that get satisfaction out of have a good 401k (scam investment) but are really dying inside because of the pain of working for the MAN.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would say that this translation is right on target.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Translation: I said he TYPED a very long post, AS I don't know anything about WRITING posts with proper grammar. I am trying to divert attention from the fact that I use "must have WENT" to say "must have GONE", which is funny, AS I claim I am a college graduate. I didn't read his entire post, AS my reading comprehension is zero, and AS I don't like being challenged. I am desperate to provoke and then win internet arguments, AS I am the most immoral, lying, unintelligent person in existence. I will try to put THOSE labels on others when they call me out on it, AS turnabout is the only technique I know how to use in arguments.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for posting this.
    As for the 401k, I still think it is not a good strategy, when you consider so many bad things that can happen from the time you work 25 to the time you retire at 60, such as health issues, downsizings, divorce, etc.

Keep these morons in check. I appreciate that there are other intelligent people on this site, not other that like to use terms like BOZO because other disagree with them.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everyone is different! Working for "the man" IS THE RIGHT CHOICE for many. We are not all the same nor should we advise others in this manner without knowing their personality type. Some of us truly are born to be "yes men (or women)" while others could find this environment their personal cancer or death sentence.
    It may take time...years, for someone to get to the level of consciousness it takes to fully realize they aren't on the right path. There's nothing wrong with that. We all find and make our own way in the world.