This wait sucks!

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Sep 14, 2018 at 3:35 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

GSK why tell us that a bunch of us will be cut, yet make us wait until the beginning of October!

This is just ridiculous! So many field people in sales and managed markets are getting cut, and leadership just doesn't care. They know who are going to get cut, and instead of just telling us, they are making us wait for weeks!

GSK sucks!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think they have to wait and account for voluntary severances to be factored in. I believe they know the number of reps that will be retained in each territory but they don’t those people’s names yet......

If rep A stays then they are Trelegy in territory X but rep A took the package so now rep B and C are Trelegy in territory X and rep D is Anoro.... If rep A didn’t take the package then rep D would have been cut.

In this scenario the numbers are known but the names are not until after the voluntary severance is factored in.

Now, there are certain things that are a given such as:

If you have had a 4 at anytime over the past 2 years then I would expect to be cut.... regardless of your product. Don’t kid yourself, GSK can take a BREO or Anoro rep and train them on Trelegy in 2 days so sales force is irrelevant.

HEARS was/ is a way for GSK to protect themselves against age discrimination among other things. If you didn’t opt out then take the severance and count it as a learning experience. If you did opt out then it is a huge gamble that might pay off but I would seek counsel from a very nasty and competent attorney.

Good luck to all.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Keep twisting in the wind fuc&ers.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I wonder if the selection criteria will be solely based on ratings regardless of your sales grade. I know in our region, the goal was to promote everyone to a level 7 grade so the higher rankings were saved for the level 8 reps. So, the reps that will be kept in our region will be those reps that were promoted last. Too bad if you were promoted a long time ago based on sales or early on in the patient first era.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

WARN Act - that's why!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There is a very new rep in my district and she thinks she is safe.... It will be sad if they keep her and let one of the life long reps go but GSK is heartless.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Karma will get you if it hasn’t already. Let me guess, PIP? Silent layoff? Divorced because spouse cheated on you? Still unemployed? All of the above?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The wait is a favor, it gave those who didn’t believe GSK would cut them for whatever reason a buffer to look for jobs. If you aren’t using this time wisely that’s on you. Whoever makes it out of this cutnstoll has buzzsaw formulary wrecking generic advair waiting for them.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Based on everything we have heard, she has a higher chance of keeping her job b/c she most likely received a 1 or a 2 rating. Older employees or those at a higher salary grade level had less of chance of getting a better rating since you were competing against those only at your grade level and managers were not allowed to give out as many higher ratings. Really unfair to be competing against other salary grade employees since the rating system wasn’t designed to compare employees of different grade levels

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So bc she doesn’t have a rating record (yet) and the fact she is a minority female - helps her.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

She’s probably going to keep her job because she’s paid a fair salary for the level of work required for the job. The packages for Level 7s does not match up to what the job requires today.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Actually if you earned a rating of 4 within the last 3 years will determine your fate.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

But consider other geographies in which numerous reps received a 4; some with consecutive 4s. I Can’t imagine they’ll get rid of every single one of them. Will the patient first model results be factored in?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree they are waiting to decide who has opt in, and who has not. Unfortunately, I do see them using this opportunity to keep the cheaper newer hires, and let the more seasoned reps go. Think about it, every other company actually pays on results of sals, we do not. I feel bad for people that are still here from before patient first days. Having a lot of tenure from GSK on your resume does not look good within the industry. Most of the good sales reps have left the company a long time ago, and those of us getting close to around 5 years, are looking to get out too (me included!). Take this time to update your resume and get out as soon as you can! GSK just let us know our fate one way or the other. Everyone on my team has been hoping that GSK will realize how bad the culture sucks when everyone opts in for a package (one can only hope) so those of us that are still standing can have a little hope that the culture will not still suck.

I still do not know why Nucala reps are not being cut. They are some of the worst reps in the company! I heard some of the reimbursement managers are being let go, we are being let go, they just let go of the contract people, but NO Nucala people? They are stepping on each other, but can't seem to get any new business. The ones in my area are always trying to come to my lunches and appointments. I hate this company and can't wait to be done from here.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Interesting. You think they are going back 3 years instead of 2? I have heard 2 as well but I could be wrong.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree! It doesn’t make sense to keep so many Nucala reps. Too many. Crowded.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nucala reps overpaid and always salvaged at gsk. Somehow have avoided many layoffs as each division they were in was canned. What makes these reps so special?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

biologics, it’s cutting edge and innovative which is what investors want to see

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nucala is a layup sell....Due to the condition the product sells itself..... What’s the alternative once it reaches the need for this type of med? The HCP are gonna have to do something and there aren’t many options.

I never got why the team was so highly regarded. Very overrated.....