Thoughts about JK

Discussion in 'RS Medical' started by Anonymous, Feb 13, 2014 at 7:27 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the poster above. I can honestly look in the mirror EVERY DAY and KNOW with a great degree of certainty, and the numbers (not the Wizard of Oz behind the curtain bullshit numbers RSM "creates") to back me up, that myself and my team did everything and more than many in the field to drink the koolaid and ensure success for the company. The years of feast were plenty and while payouts and the DME business have changed dramatically in the past few years, a half ass root cause analysis points to: POOR COMMUNICATION BY THE LEADERSHIP, ABJECT MISTRUST, AND POOR, MISINFORMED CHOICES BY THE LEADERSHIP (ala Genpact).

So, please do not lump me or my team into your general summation of the issues. Bottom line, as the CEO, he is ultimately the one whose head should be on the chopping block. NOT the hundreds of loyal employees who reported in daily to put in an honest days work for a company they believed in. To suggest that John Konsin is to be given a free pass or is the victim in any capacity is not only naive, but laughable!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With respect - no one is blaming you or your team. Most of the Field has worked very hard with limited support and was often misjudged by some in the home office. The reverse is also true.

I'm also not giving JK (or anyone) a pass. While there have been some successes, he openly acknowledges that he's made mistakes and is ultimately responsible for the company. That goes with the territory.

My point is that anyone who thinks JK, Rick, or another CEO should readily have seen how to "save us" is being unrealistic. As of 2008, RSM was a turnaround and we should all recognize that the odds were long. This is currently true of much of the medical device industry, and particularly DME.

RSM has been a great company full of wonderful people and I DO understand the frustration. We can continue to blame; or we can learn, grow, and get on with whatever comes next for each of us.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guess where I take exception is that John Konsin has never, in clearly communicated terms come out and say that he made poor decisions. Every one of his updates to the employees always included direct or indirect statements blaming the field for either not supporting or carrying the directives from home office. While he does not operate in a vacuum, he has made it clear that he continues to point fingers at everyone but the man in the mirror.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As one good example, see final paragraph of his 10.25.13 message to all employees. Confidential, or I would quote it here.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To be a strong leader one has to lead. John Konsin is not capable of performing at this level. He has never taken ownership of his errors. He is unwilling to consult with those more experienced than himself. If John had any integrity he would stand like man own his business and bow out gracefully. Instead he chooses place blame and hide behind his wife's absurd statements online. John put on your big boy pants, take your medicine and leave. Oh and in the future keep Barb away from the computer. The absurd and patently false statements she makes are online forever, unlike your tenure at RS.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interesting to look back.

JK Fail.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree- what a joke!