Thoughts on Abaxis?

Discussion in 'Idexx labs' started by Anonymous, Jul 20, 2012 at 11:03 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm interviewing for this company and wanted to see what the general thoughts were. The last threads were from a few years ago.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They're a distant #2 behind Idexx. They compete only on price so the only medical conversation you'll have is telling Drs they should run the bare minimum on their patients. So if you trick the Dr into thinking they'll "save" money by having a lesser instrument you should do well. The problem is that also limits the medical info they get which in turn limits their ability to diagnose and treat more diseases immediately, therefore lowering patient care, increasing their workload and ultimately lowering their revenue. Sadly, some Drs in this industry will gladly sacrifice those things to "save" money.

Abaxis doesn't have the best reputation in this industry or as an employer. so if you take the job understand that it would likely benefit you to use this job as a means to get some "medical" sales experience and then move on, quickly

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Abaxis is the fastest growing vet diagnostics company out there and actually provides more diagnostics for less cost to the clinic. Equipment is easier to use and more dependable than anything out there. Not sure what the former poster is talking about with lowering PT care and revenue. If anything, Idexx has overpriced their equipment and services so much that vets have no choice but to find other ways to build their business. With a growing product portfolio down the road, Abaxis is sure to continue to grow and lessen Idexx's stranglehold on the market.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looks like your favorite dist. MWI will get to sell Abaxis now. 2 companies you can't trust.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not bad. Just not as good

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ha ha

The tale continues.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you're good at lying to people, talking down to everyone, and don't mind stabbing all your distribution reps in the back constantly, then you'll fit right in at Abaxis. They are well known for this type of behavior, and are well known to defend their actions with a large amount of BS. It is a pity too, because they do sell good products, they're just hard to deal with most of the time, but they'll tell you that is everyone else's problem, not theirs.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You all are crazy, Abaxis is amazing !

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, i think he analyzer is very good the chemistry that is. As for the company I can't say having just started with them recently I am beginning to wish I had not taken the job, Mgmt is very pushy, demanding and down right deceiving.

They over promise and under deliver. If I were to do it all over again I would not have taken the job. I have met and exceeded my goal and have yet to see a dime. UGH!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I want to preface my comment by stating that I don't know a lot about the diagnostic side of the business. However, I believe if MWI modified their contract with Idexx in order to carry Abaxis, there must be potential dollars in the line.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anyone had more difficulty selling Idexx equipment now that MWI is distributing for Abaxis?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get out while you can. marty and Lynn are absolute incompetent nit whits. The company over promises and under delivers. Upper MGMT lies to the sales force, and over states W2's to entice people to stay.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

should not matter as Abbott is Buying Abaxis