Thoughts on LTC Div

Discussion in 'Sun Pharma' started by anonymous, Feb 1, 2018 at 3:27 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm super excited to start. I'm sitting back vacationing waiting for this training :D.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That's good to hear you're vacationing.

This time next year, if not before, you'll be getting paid to be on vacation for 26 weeks.

Tan, don't burn.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am excited. Truly a great opportunity hitting this LTC team at the ground level. Don’t listen to the idiots expecting failure. We are very fortunate to be where we are!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I guess it's all relative.

You must have been in an unimaginable crappy place.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

well, the guy running this division seems pretty legit. i just didn't understand why they had people form competing teams running the interviews...

what are some of the real grievances about sun? there's a crazy amount of hate on here.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You're right, Mark H is the single standout at Sun, but don't bet on Him staying here long term. First class leader, but a mis-match at Sun.

The grievances ? And I'm serious on this - there's just too many to list.

Virtually everything you read on this site about Sun is accurate. About 1% is someone who really has a bone for one individual and they hammer. And 1-2% is an Indian guy who reports to the CEO and he's trying to mitigate the bad press. He's easy to spot because of his vocabulary.

Other than that, yes, the comments are accurate, and certainly visceral.

Make your own decision.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am excited for this opportunity.

Every single company gets slammed on this website. Can’t take it serious. Find me one company where the posts suggest it is a good place to work. You can’t.

This is a great opportunity with very good pay and potential.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Generally speaking, yes companies get bitched out here.

But what's unique about Sun are two things:

First, the sheer number of comments relative to its size. There's a lot of activity on the Sun site given how minuscule it is relative to other companies.

Then, the actual comments - the surprising level of detail and the intensity of the comments, particularly towards a few at the top.

Some of this is likely fueled by the number of people who have left the company in the past year. I'll bet if you stripped away those who feel they can't leave (for whatever reason), which are a small %, vs. those who can leave, you're probably looking at a turnover rate of 40%, with a few more key resignations in the next 30-60 days.

Unfortunately, because there really are some good people there, SUN will eventually fail in the US. Dilip wil be forced to retreat and the empty promises will be exposed.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is the same vibe that i got after receiving offer to work LTC. Also, the people i interviewed with didnt put out the vibe that they really wanted to be there. I'm not sure if it was their way to signal me to run, but it certainly got me thinking. I'm on the fence. I still have time during home study to consider if i still want this.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your gut is always right. If you have the option to go back to your other company or have a different opportunity...take it! You WILL regret your decision trust me.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i do agree when I asked the interviewees what they liked about Sun they seemed a bit lost for words. However I am still excited. We are field reps. Just do your job, hit your numbers and life is great. Let home office deal with the drama!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is the same vibe that i got after receiving offer to work LTC. Also, the people i interviewed with didnt put out the vibe that they really wanted to be there. I'm not sure if it was their way to signal me to run, but it certainly got me thinking. I'm on the fence. I still have time during home study to consider if i still want this.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Go with your gut.
    If you're getting those signals - just sayin'

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m a 20 year veteran of the industry. This company is very poorly managed. The worst I have ever seen. Terrible culture. Some very talented people are still here, but everyone in the field wonders how long they will stay.

The pay is good. But I’m not sure if it is worth the grief and the feeling of job insecurity

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

PH seemed to want to keep LTC to ourselves. Seems as if he knows the culture in other divisions is terrible, and he wants us to start our own new culture. He seems legitimate.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I feel the same way. PH seems awesome; the type of manager I want to work for. I just hope he is doing everything he can to make this division a success. Seems like a lot of self-sabotaging going on at Sun from the top.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That’s the problem you can have a great manager but the people at the top don’t care and don’t listen. It’s the greediest company you have ever seen. The Indian culture does not fit in well to US mentality and if you’re a woman better off staying at home cause that where they think you belong. It’s really very sad. Just shows you can have all the money in the world but money doesn’t buy class! Enjoy 6 months with this boss. If he’s good he will run because he will see his job means nothing at SUN sadly

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I disagree. If director puts the right people in place, launches this division well, pushes enough product. he will be fine, and praised.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Clearly you’re new here, you’ll see. This place is unbelievably toxic!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Other than upper management; what else is toxic? regionally how can you impact your personal success despite all the nonsense from the top?