Thoughts on the buyout

Discussion in 'NPS Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Jan 11, 2015 at 6:25 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think we are safe on the natpara side. The gattex reps will most likely be laid off as shire has a GI Salesforce. Hopefully Francois did the right thing and got them a good severance. Good luck to all!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm sure they don't want Dullinger back. What a class hole.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We are just numbers

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Talked to my manager. Layoffs at the end of February.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shire has an orphan drug division calling on endos. I wouldn't be so confident.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look at the last acquisition Shire did. If history repeats itself no one is safe.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The CIC severance plan shows how upper management did not look out for employees. Probably half the company has been here less than a year and are lower than middle management and will only get a few months severance. Seems 6 months used to be the standard. Thanks for fighting for us upper management!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Incorrect. Shire does not have a product or salesforce in the endocrine space.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How long before the office staff is eliminated, and the Bedminster office closed?
    I'm guessing 12-18 months.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Plenty of time to find something in NY/NJ/PA.

That area is pharma/biotech central.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lease on the property ends August 2016...

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tell that to the Shire people in Chesterbrook who's jobs are moving to Mass.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Press release said the closing should be in 1st quarter of 2015. Timelines may be a lot shorter than those posted above for things like site closings and layoffs.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

unless you are good friends with shire's ceo, you are probably on the outside now. really. shire personnel need work.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Both sales forces will be just fine. Shire kept everyone from the Viropharma purchase and had a competing sales force.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

F Dullinger

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nope. Their orphan drug, rare disease division selling Cinryze for HAE's major call point is endo. In fact, that division has been looking for a new orphan drug for quite some time, Natpara would fit nicely.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Endocrinologists do not treat patients with HAE.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sure they do dipshit