Thoughts on working here?

Discussion in 'Aurora Diagnostics' started by Anonymous, Dec 19, 2008 at 5:11 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can anyone tell me their thoughts about this company? I know you are partnered with different labs and I'm interested in corporate culture, management, payment, etc.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are the new company on the block.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok, so what does that mean? I know they are only a few years old, but how is the reputation thus far, work environment? Also, what is good and maybe different about diagnostic sales vs. medical/pharm sales?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The two are very different; stay out of AP sales if you have any expectations from pharm. This is a new company that purchased many local small labs around the country. A few Iknow of are strong local labs that are hard to win jars from.

JMHO:

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

more $ in lab business pharm reps do not really sell IMHO

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone have a handle on Celera? I'm looking but new to the biz.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the lab business is what it is...it is an entry level job to the medical sales world...SHIT job

-alot of cold calls
    -very competitive markets
    -driven by managed care (insurance companies)
    -Accounts are lost left and right for individually owned labs because of mistakes
    -you will deal with ALOT of billing mistakes no matter which company you work for

- BIG THING - Alot of the doctors really dont give a shit what lab is doing the work as long as there are not insurance problems and hassles...its not that important to them. Any lab can read pathology and they are all pretty much the same. you will be convincing the girl in the office to us you more than the actual dr. Breaking their habits is very difficult.

- 2 companies dominate the specialized lab market....Mainly Ameripath (quest owns) and Dianon (labcorp owns). If you grab a customer that uses those two they start sending all sorts of bills and warnings to the patients so they freak out and call the doctor causing a bunch of ruckus. when dr sees this he goes right back to old faithful Dianon or Ameripath or labcorp and Quest.

TAKE THIS JOB FOR THREE YEARS, SWEAT IT OUT, AND START HUNTING FOR DEVICES, SURG EQUIP, ETC JOBS.

The only lab jobs that are good sales gigs are the large labs like the ones i mentioned above. the rest is gonna be really rough

*****As a pharm rep you will just walk around and pass out samples....thats promoting or marketing...thats not sales. nobody respects pharm reps in the real sales world. If you do pharm just do it for a few years to get your feet wet with working and talking to doctors. If you do that long term you will always be looked at by hiring companies as a slacker, soft closer, pretty boy, no effort or ambition type guy. It wasnt always like that but nowadays nobody wants to hire long term pharm reps. Thos pharm companies cut jobs left and right ..drugs get pulled and companies get bought out and they will fire you before you even knew what happened. there are strict rules on what you can and cant do....they cant even give out a pen or do a lunch in an office anymore as of Jan 1 if im not mistaken. Pharm is a terrible career path but a comfy little do nothing job for a little while.*******

OH YEAH...Aurora is a joke....so is Plus diagnostics and a few of these others out there

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the lab business is what it is...it is an entry level job to the medical sales world...SH!T job

-alot of cold calls
    -Accounts are lost left and right for individually owned labs because of mistakes
    -you will deal with ALOT of billing mistakes no matter which company you work for

- BIG THING - Alot of the doctors really dont give a sh!t what lab is doing the work as long as there are not insurance problems and hassles...its not that important to them. Any lab can read pathology and they are all pretty much the same. you will be convincing the girl in the office to us you more than the actual dr. Breaking their habits is very difficult.

- 2 companies dominate the specialized lab market....Mainly Ameripath (quest owns) and Dianon (labcorp owns). If you grab a customer that uses those two they start sending all sorts of bills and warnings to the patients so they freak out and call the doctor causing a bunch of ruckus. when dr sees this he goes right back to old faithful Dianon or Ameripath or labcorp and Quest.

TAKE THIS JOB FOR THREE YEARS, SWEAT IT OUT, AND START HUNTING FOR DEVICES, SURG EQUIP, ETC JOBS.

The only lab jobs that are good sales gigs are the large labs like the ones i mentioned above. the rest is gonna be really rough

*****As a pharm rep you will just walk around and pass out samples....thats promoting or marketing...thats not sales. nobody respects pharm reps in the real sales world. If you do pharm just do it for a few years to get your feet wet with working and talking to doctors. If you do that long term you will always be looked at by hiring companies as a slacker, soft closer, pretty boy, no effort or ambition type guy. It wasnt always like that but nowadays nobody wants to hire long term pharm reps. Thos pharm companies cut jobs left and right ..drugs get pulled and companies get bought out and they will fire you before you even knew what happened. there are strict rules on what you can and cant do....they cant even give out a pen or do a lunch in an office anymore as of Jan 1 if im not mistaken. Pharm is a terrible career path but a comfy little do nothing job for a little while.*******

OH YEAH...Aurora is a joke....so is Plus diagnostics and a few of these others out there

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

devices and equipment sold on price and you will not make as much as a good lab company. In current environment docs have slowed down their capex and diagnostic tests are always needed

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All BS aside, Can anyone tell me their thoughts about working at this company?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The CEO is a zoombie

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nothing but r*****s here grow up and go play your MMORPG's

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the lab business is what it is...it is an entry level job to the medical sales world...SHIT job

-alot of cold calls

- BIG THING - Alot of the doctors really dont give a shit what lab is doing the work as long as there are not insurance problems and hassles...its not that important to them. Any lab can read pathology and they are all pretty much the same. you will be convincing the girl in the office to us you more than the actual dr. Breaking their habits is very difficult.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

when do i start?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think the tool that wrote the rather extensive novel about it being a shit company and how pharm reps are amateur babies that don't know how to sell, is a complete moron.
    In pharma you are actually trained in every aspect of the word so you can sell with credibility. Cold calling and pushing dip sticks seems so much more glamorous you self righteous fool!! U don't have to discourage anyone just cause Ur bitter. Clearly you have too much time on your hands, go sell something other than Ur BS!!!

I don't know anything about this company nor do I work here, it just always infuriates me when someone genuinely wants some insight on something and someone finds it appropriate to tear them down like that egotistical bully!!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Aurora is made up of a lot of old DIANON and AmeriPath personnel. DIANON used to be a top flight AP lab prior to LCA buying them. Many of the Aurora people are from the "golden age" of DIANON when they built their reputation, so they do know what they are doing. Aurora was modeled somewhat after the old AmeriPath in that in acquires established local labs and incorporates into the network.

The problem with AP in general is that it has become a commodity. Many of the unique things the old DIANON (and current Aurora management) brought to AP back in the 90's is basic offering from any AP lab today. And there are a ton of these smaller AP labs out there; all trying to grow tot he point of being an acquisition target.

The tome of a post above is correct in the factors that drive where a doc sends specimens, or quits sending specimens. Most of these things are out of the reps hands. Also, offices have internalized AP after seeing that it could mean revenue flow, creating a situation where many labs are chasing fewer biopsies. Toss in reimbursement issues and you get the picture.

IMO - AP sales is better than blood lab sales. Pharma reps are trained well, but in the medical industry are looked at as "soft" selling-wise due to the nature of business, that is prescription writing and really not being able to actually close. Lab sales is a lot of client management; billing, lost specimens/reports, supply issues, etc. If you want device, go to and start in device rather than lab or pharma. Device has an attitude toward any medical rep outside of device and tends to shun them.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked at one of their labs in Manhasset - Long Island.

THIS PLACE IS A VERIFIED SHIT-HOLE with some fat-ass woman who got her "Ph.D" from an online school. LOL.

What a fucking joke. (I left this job after 4 weeks)

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company continues to disappoint from a growth standpoint. They have not hit the numbers in a few years and changes are in the works. The retained search firms are going to make some nice cash filling the holes that are to be created