THV Territory Manager position

Discussion in 'Edwards Life Sciences' started by Anonymous, Jan 16, 2012 at 3:04 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Curious to hear any insight on the THV position. Have been approached about an opening in my area and am considering. Have been a medical devices for a dozen years looking for something different but need decent income 250+. Anybody have thoughts out there?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can someone tell me who would be a good internal resource regarding an open THV territory?Either an internal HR person or internal recruiter.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Transcatheter valve is legit and since ELS has the only FDA approved implant they will dominate the market, Medtronic will be out relatively soon. The procedure takes anywhere from 90 minutes to 5 hours and @$30k a pop its pretty sweet. The only reason it has been slower sales #'s than analyst predicted is because ELS covers there ass and completely makes sure the hospital, cardiologist and surgeon are top tier and ready. I'm in Philly and a bunch of hospitals are starting to do them routinely. You will be worked to the bone but with tons of support and the necessary tools you need. I've heard of comp around 300k total. Soon THV will be used on most patients and ELS will be the place to be.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The fact that you have been in the business "a dozen years" and don't realize this thing is a home-run makes me think you are full of shit!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Home run? Will see....depends on the Govt. and how US is going to pay for this in the very elderly sick population and those at high risk when an open procedure would be cheaper and safer for the patient. If it was my relative.......

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great technology, although unless he the indication expands 5 fold you are looking at an extremely small patient population. From the surgeons I've spoken with, they seem to prefer the Medtronic TAVR. Also heard reps are being paid on patient outcomes as part of their commission!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A bunch of Hospitals? Routinely? Please enlighten!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

sniff, sniff....i smell bullshit.... : )

once corevalve is approved its over......

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

YEs, As someone who knows both systems, I think I don't want a brady device as part of the procedure.

Care to guess which system is more likely to be needing a pacemaker at implant? hence a few more thousands in cost?

HINT: their stock has done nothing for close to 9 years............

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

who cares. you both suck.

11. Deepsea_Diver

Deepsea_Diver New Member

Actually, this is incorrect. The goal is not for TAVR to be used on "most" patients. As we all know, it has a limited indication for use and it will remain limited in use. Obama care will not provide opportunity for all patients to have the option of the technology, its too expensive and your government will not pay for it!! Outcomes have not justified expansion of use either. Perhaps that part will change as the valve technology and size improves, but that's yet to be seen.

Lastly, most hospitals actually lose money on these procedures at the end of the day when you factor in pre procedural and intra procedural imaging, cost of 3D reconstruction software for those who want to use it, salary cost for the 10 people required to be in the room for the "just in case" scenario. The list goes on and on.

I think TAVR is an incredible breakthrough but you shouldn't expect our government to expand its indication when Obama's plan kicks in. It simply won't happen.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Classic loss leader, lose money and/or break even but given 90% of patients don't qualify? they get an "open" procedure, arguably the most profitable DRG in most hospitals.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think I read that you think the "open" chest procedure is the most profitable DRG in most hospitals?

Are you kidding me? Typical rep mentality, obviously you don't know a thing about running a hospital lol!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hilarious to read this thread 5 years later.
    TAVR will only treat a small patient population...Wrong.
    Most hospitals lose money doing the procedure...Wrong.
    The government won't pay for it...Wrong.
    Surgery is a safer alternative...Wrong.
    Hindsight is definitely 20/20 but it always makes me laugh how sure people are of their opinions.

Not that the OP will ever read this but TAVR is still one of the best spaces to be in five years later. Cutting edge, not commoditized, still limited competition, and with mitral replacement on the horizon.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

agreed.