TID with 2 hours infusions!

Discussion in 'Basilea' started by Anonymous, Feb 22, 2008 at 7:16 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

dude, we are done. can't sell that.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

are you serious? please post the source of that info. that will be tough to overcome.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Try google it is all there. And yes you should have done your due diligence as most people do who look at small companies banking on a few products.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very successful antibiotics are dosed three times a day. It's no big deal. Have you not heard or have you not read.... the FDA cancelled the advisory board meeting to go to directly to the committee. It's a slam dunk. Telavancin and Dalbavancin was either delayed or pushed back by the advisory committee.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your potential drug has very average efficacy against MRSA and gram negatives. To be used empirically you would have to does TID. MIC's for MRSA were 2 vs 1 for vanc in your skin trial. Infact cef's MIC's for MRSA are 2 vs .5 for MSSA indicating a loss of potency. Also you had several faliures due to pseudomonas suggesting you may not get the tougher gram -'s in the label. Given the poor potency and inconvient dosing a hospital can use daptomycin and cefipime and get much better empiric coverage and with more convienence. Adjusting therapy is also easier if it is only a gram pos or gram neg infection. It would be bad medicine to use a broad spectrum drug to treat only a geam pos infection for example.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't get what you are making the big hype about. You set the IV pump to infuse over the 2 hours. Then dose again in 8 hours. Many drugs are dosed TID and if it is what they want, which is what we will be selling, it will be a slam dunk!! Is your glass half full or half empty.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I been in the antibiotic business for over 15 plus years selling IV antibiotics. It's no big deal of TID. Look at Zosyn, TID it's a huge seller and J&J/Basilea drug might be bigger.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very well said--the pharmacy will make the bags and the nurses will hang it how ever many times it is dosed per day. I've never seen dosing convenience in hospitals as issues as the staff is a fixed cost. The only issue is going to be price and maybe infusion center business. slam dunk

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Zosyn is q6 = 4x/day at best if you go by the label, so you can expect no problem accepting a TID antibiotic. Price and spectrum issues are another matter.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Absolutely right on the home infusion...that can easily make up 50%+ of a territories business as is the case with Zosyn. We no longer get credit for Zosyn home infusion sales but it still exerts a powerful influence on the prescribers.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

do most of the new sales people have "scientific" credentials i.e. pharmacists, nurses, etc. ? i will be copromoting and that is what the hospitals are looking for in reps, someone who speaks their language...not barbie and ken with "talking points". they want medical personel walking their halls and teaching their staff.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

---Most hospitals don't want ANYONE walking their halls and talking to Drs. and staff trying to influence them into using a product that is currently not on formulary, especially if it is higher priced.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I beg to differ as I am in the hospitals daily and I will be your partner. Some hospitals, you are correct, are closed...then your're at the mercy of P&T etc. But when it comes to representatives, credentials hold the key to more access, nurse rapport and correct use of product. That is what so many companies just don't get....pharmacists etc are "one of them"...others are outsiders. With the current state of "Pharma" this is just a current and important observation.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

tid will be a small issue, Agreed that nurses, pa's etc have an advantage in hospital sales I have a CMR but that doesn't seem to impress the staff too much.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let me tell you shmucks something about antibiotics. QD is where it's at and anything else is a disadvantage. Period. Specially in the MRSA market where you need to be easy. And please, your not going in the ICU any time soon so remember that your not Zosyn, and you will not be for about fifteen years. You think your gonna walk in there rand get patients treated for HAP in the ICU. Right! Don't do and say it's ok for Zosyn so it's ok for us. Your brand new, remember? Do you know what that means in antibiotics? You haven't been in sales long enough and gotten your ass kicked by ID long enough to even come close to understanding how many times ID has gotten burned on new antibiotics. If you have been around in antibiotic sales for any time you will understand that ID's will use everything, and I mean everything that is out before going to your new cephalosporin that will develop resistance before it's infused. Speaking of infusion, the 2 hour infusion is also a total negative. Get real. Now, go back to selling oral meds in the office.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I must agree. I also have seen ID burned before and know from where you speak. TID is an issue...I just hope for our sake it is easier than we think.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with 3 previous posts, we need better dosing and credentialed people selling it...end of story

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly. PS - you will have one, and i mean one real opportunity to speak with ID. 9 out of 10 - make it 11 or 12 will try to sell the new drug and make a poor impression. You will not be ready, you will not be understanding the history of the person your speaking to and you will not appreciate his concerns, his fears or real reason for meeting with you. You will be walking out of there thinking, ...I think he'll try it. Then, months later, you will see...nothing. I mean not a single patient put on the drug and you will wonder, why? Why isn't my cephalosporin selling? But I've got a tracker that says I'm doing everything I should and I'm getting disks sent if they need testing and it's even "on-formulary". Enjoy yourselves boys and girls. I bet you will look back on this post and think, that friggin post was right, this job sucks and I guess selling antibiotics is the hardest thing I ever tried to do. What the hell was I thinking?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a blow hard you are. I bet you feel so big sitting behind your computer screen spewing forth all of this like you are the end all. You seem to sit there and think that those of us aboard have no ID experience. You will be pleasantly surprised the wealth of experience that they have brought aboard. We are not new to the industry or new to ID and selling in hospitals. Give me a break. We WILL be proving you wrong.