Time for DC and GB to leave

Discussion in 'Cardinal Health' started by anonymous, Jul 3, 2017 at 4:40 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Folks I think it's time. We have seen what happens when ego maniacs who suck at leadership, enjoy hearing themselves speak, and satisfied with poor results are at the helm at CAH. It's time for GB and DC to go fuck off and enjoy the overpaid comp the board gave them for accomplishing nothing.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I AGREE! THESE TWO SOUL-CRUNCHING HUMANOIDS HAVE RUINED MORALE AND CAREERS IN ORDER TO LINE THEIR POCKETS WITH SHEKELS. I'LL (REALLY NOT) MISS THE NSM AND ALL THE ACCOMPANYING BS AS I'LL BE GONE BY THEN, BUT WILL STILL POCKET THE PALTRY DISCRETIONARY DONATION TO MY 401K. AND IT WILL BE PALTRY AS SOMEONE HAS TO PAY FOR THE MEDTRONIC DEBACLE. DC, ESPECIALLY, IS A CANCER ON THIS COMPANY SO IT'S TIME TO MOVE ON BEFORE HIS NEXT KNUCKLEHEAD ACQUISITION.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ego Maniacs? Have you looked at some of the RMs in the field? There are more than a few of them who missed their calling as Nazi concentration camp guards. Too many sick, twisted sociopaths who thrive on crushing others. Can't wait to see their smiling, evil faces at the NSM and watch them shamelessly suck up to their AVP masters. A few near the bottom of the Scoreboards so maybe wiser and saner heads will dispose of them.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

RM here......here is my 2 cents and take it for what it's worth. I've been with CAH for over 10 yrs and seen the company go through many changes and reorgs. Although their direction/strategy has slightly changed in my time here, the vast majority of the reps here are not "Top Tier" reps. Before you attempt to blast me or senior management, take a step back and look at yourself in the mirror. Look at what we sell as an organization. Despite the whole "Wings" marketing schtick, we aren't innovative or savings lives here people. The bottom line is most of our products are a dime a dozen and we own the market for these products. You sell on price and contract and this isn't exactly selling. I go on calls with my reps and I have calls with them and I laugh. And I have some fairly tenured reps. Don't even get me started about the millenials I have on my team because I will be here all night. The bottom line is CAH doesn't owe anyone anything. For those of you over 50 that think you deserve the best accounts, you're not making enough money, and oh yeah, you've been here for 20+ years and are constantly taking days off because you have 6-7 weeks of vacation, just shut up and quit your whining already!!!!! I feel like a babysitter some days. Sure, senior management causes me to want to drive my car over a bridge some days, but let's face it.......you have cushy jobs that require little intellect or clinical knowledge. If you think you're worth more money, go get a job at Medtronic, St. Jude or Stryker and try to make it there. I'm willing to bet 90% of you couldn't even get past the 2nd rnd of interviews there, let alone get hired.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks for an excellent analysis, much appreciated.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amen. I was a rep, then a manager at CAH for almost ten years before moving on to the device world. This is a very accurate post.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, and what becomes of these low intellect, zero clinical knowledge CAH reps? They get promoted!! CAH has a huge amount of turnover and there are plenty of ex-CAH reps who have moved on to actual device jobs. The ones who stay here long term either genuinely love their jobs and the quality of life that you don't get in a true device role, or they can't get another job if their lives depended on it. If you were such a stunner sales guy yourself, you would have left long ago.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This post sums it up. I can't stand some of the whining that goes on here. Most of the reps are mediocre at best. All you have to do is hustle, and you're a superstar. Yes, you can probably have more time if you moved to a real device job as most of our time is utilized dealing with Cardinal's operational incompetence, and I plan to move on after I get promoted. I need something to set me apart from most of you lazy turds.

Can't wait for the NSM where I will self flagellate for being in the same room as you unmotivated gas bags

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Besides Medical/Surgical Reps of no consequence, you must include a fair number of RMs who are also worthless eaters. I worked for a snake, a real weasel who has his superiors convinced he actually deserves a paycheck. If you kicked his AVP in the ass, you'd break this RM's nose.

As to mediocrity in the sales force, the products sold in medical and surgical are mostly commodities sold on price and winning/owning the distribution channel. If you have the channel, you can look like a super star even if you have negligible selling skills. If your territory is mostly Medline and you have no CAH distribution reps in your world, you're fu*ked. And yet the boobs running the show actually think memorizing
    The Challenger Sale will make a difference in our commodity world-- unless you're marketing Sved or the more technical Cordis stuff. Selling crap on price demands powerful relationships AND a strong distribution channel. Most of your winners during awards night will be those surrounded by a strong Alvin-Calvin team and CAH distribution locked up

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree that The Sales Challenger stuff is drivel when it comes to "selling" in the CAH Medical Surgical commodity environment. In the Cardinal world you still need outstanding relationships with decision makers, sole-source contracts, and strong distribution. You're more and more facilitators and implementors of product conversions enacted by others, not sales people driving these conversions based on distinct product benefits. Bed pans, gloves, underpads, paper towels, skin creams, soaps, caps/shoe covers, gowns, bathing cloths, skin markers,Yankauers, really? ("What's your price" is key to driving these sales or the IDN makes the decision a thousand miles away). The book you
    should be reading is "The Sociopath Next Door" by Dr. Martha Stout, which is an excellent guide to survive the corporate world experience. As Dr. Stout says, "About 1 in 25 ordinary Americans secretly has no conscience and will do anything at all without feeling guilty". I worked for an RM at CAH who could be a poster girl for the ideal Sociopath --especially the lack of a conscience when tormenting others. My manager had a hole inside of him where a sense of shame or guilt should have been. Since all large companies, especially yours, are full of Sociopaths, take care of yourself at all times and be wary of these werewolves drinking pina coladas in Orlando with the perfect hair, engaging smile, and infectious laugh

Remember the words of a writer named George Bernard Shaw: It is easy--terribly easy--to shake a man's faith in himself. To take advantage of that to break a person's spirit is devil's work

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I wouldn't characterize all of it as whining. Some of it is plain truth and a warning to those thinking about joining the Jr league of medical device companies. We have a J&J reject running the med side, who has wasted o billions of Cardinal $$ on his cause of being one of the biggest healthcare companies in the world. This is just senseless ambition, who really cares how large you are in this space. The question is are you respected, do you help people and customers, and at the end of the day can you sleep well at night because you did the right thing. DC probably sleeps well, but probably not without his meds or a few drinks.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Cardinal doesn't hire sales professionals, we hire order takers. Yes indeed, we are a Junior League medical device company as we capture most of our business on price and distribution contracts. Few of our offerings require excellent selling skills. If you have a pulse and you're part of a sales team servicing a large IDN contracted with CAH, you'll look like a (rising) star. Lose the contract and you're out the door (PIP). Wanna bet most of our award winners in Orlando will receive their standing ovations due to the efforts of others? Wanna bet their success had nothing to due with the Sales Challenger propaganda we're forced to swallow and regurgitate? I don't wanna take your money.

Our "selling" is more dependent on Extensive and Solid Relationships than the false belief that Challenging key decision makers creates sales. And Relationships often mean nothing when someone else comes along with an even better deal during RFP time.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Has Don started talking yet at opening session? God forbid someone takes ill as you know he'll keep blathering on as he did last year in Vegas. Please let us know

Enjoy the Meeting,
    Ex-Cardinal Folks recently laid-off to pay for Medtronic Debacle

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

For those of you working for CAH, another book worth reading is "On Bullshit" by Harry G. Frankfurt. Sorry I didn't post this earlier as reading this short treatise may have helped some of you to get through this week's meeting replete with loads of, yes, BS, deceptions, half-truths, and exaggerations. Especially the crap uttered by The Donald, Mikey, and GB

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's time to take your ball and go home junior. It's your fault you were fired, and no one cares. These posts are pathetic.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You're a sick dude CYBER BULLY !

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Only the Ass Holes don't care.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

METHINKS YOU ARE INDEED A BRAIN DAMAGED CARDINAL DUPED FU*KTARD WHO HAS NEVER READ A BOOK. BTW, STILL LOOKING FOR THE MONARCH NOTES FOR THE CHALLENGER SALE? SINCE YOU'RE EAGER TO KNOW, ON BULLSHIT IS AVAILABLE AT AMAZON.

VERY TRULY YOURS,

RECENTLY LAID-OFF AVERAGE WHITE GUY/GAL ELIMINATED TO PAY FOR ITI, ACCESS CLOSURE, CORDIS, AND MEDTRONIC ACQUISITIONS

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

DC I recall you talking about your father dying at a town hall. It's too bad your awful business decisions have denied people the dignity to be employed as they go through the same experience. You are a small selfish man and I hope there is a special place in Hell just for you.