Time for DC and GB to leave

Discussion in 'Cardinal Health' started by anonymous, Jul 3, 2017 at 4:40 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Frustrating that our leaders publish articles on why aspects of med/pharma distribution are krypton to Amazon. Wake up board....is it too late. Lame leaders.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The Board of Directors love George and will not displace him. Despite his inept leadership which ensures CAH stock continues to tumble, opiod hanky-panky which has been going on for YEARS and has generated about 100 million in fines, ongoing lawsuits too numerous to keep track of, and his downright stupidity, you're stuck with him for at least three more years (as are many stockholders watching their investment dwindle). Friday, October 27th, many of our colleagues were let go. More to follow. Mostly older as to be expected from this corrupt organization. Hope most of them were happy with their severance and hope some of them can lend their expertise to Medline, or another company and take some sales revenge on the scum bags who ended their careers. After I left I helped a key former competitor pick up lots of my business. It was orgasmic watching Cardinal business evaporate and fill a dreaded competitor's coffers.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who was let go?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Perhaps Cardinal morphs to a generic med device company ( and carefully gets the right leaders).Painful to get there w bloated exec, VP and directors and asset heavy balance sheet. Lots of wasted consulting $ and IT solutions won't amt to many earnings.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This would be a huge reset. I doubt DC and GB are the ones who can take Med and revamp it into something profitable. The current and constant growth model has always been to acquire to show growth. Totally nothing to do with being efficient, innovative, or original. And after years of repeating this wash in dirty water, at some point you have to admit it's not working.... and do a real cleanse, from the top.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Cardinal reminds me of a cesspool: All the BIG pieces reside at the top

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

At least our execs won't be doing boondoggle trips to Puerto Rico soon. Horrific earning there for years, but fun place for "meetings".

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Cardinal stock traded today at a new three year low. Thanks George. We're all looking forward to your next brilliant utterance......

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That last post says it all. Look at the stock price and the market cap. The fact that we are below 20 billion dollars is unacceptable. The organization has paid 6 billion for Covidien, 2 billion dollars for Cordis, hundreds of millions of dollars for npwt, hundreds of millions of dollars for @ home, hundreds of millions for the China business etc. BTW... How much has been lost net of the investment in China?

We would have been way better off paying the shareholders those monies via stock purchase as opposed to destroying wealth by acquisition. The company has gone backwards and that is unacceptable. My only regret is staying invested in this company when there's been so many wonderful investment opportunities across the various industry verticals.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As a former Cardinal salesperson deviously and cruelly forced out for being "too old", I'm actually thankful to be gone as I ponder my blessings this Thanksgiving weekend.. I landed on my feet and you know what? I'm blessed having no more cadence calls with a sadist (beloved by his/her AVP, at least for now until the gray hairs arrive), no more migraines, no more anxious Sundays anticipating and dreading another week here, no more mind numbing entries into Salesforce.com, no more travel dates with my RM ever again (I shudder at the bad karma this person has cultivated), no more spreadsheets and endless hours staring at a screen, no more need for the worthless volume of drivel called "The Challenger Sale", and most important of all, I'm thankful to really enjoy what's important: my family, our good health, and true friendships with people not corrupted by Cardinal.

One more thing. Wasn't it orgasmic that Mr. Casey's beloved Irish got creamed in Pittsburgh? Now that's something to be thankful for. Ever since his arrival over 3 years ago Cardinal has gone downhill. Mr. Barrett will soon be off to Connecticut to ponder his managerial sins; how soon before Mr. Casey is disposed of so he can enjoy his waterfront estate in Florida? But after these two incompetents are gone, will their replacements be even more dreadful??

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You were lucky. You got out

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amen brother/sister, I resigned a few years back after getting racing heart anxiety, I was forced to cash all my stock options in 90 days, but at least stock was far better than today. After hitting my groups' plan many years in a role and always getting a "meets expectations" but a bit more in bonus and LTI ,I quit in frustration after being told year after year that I had at least one fatal flaw and that my "replacement" would be coming in to get part of my job.....of course this person turned down the CAH role ( vey smart) after I left. I enjoyed Cardinal Health overall ( except for interactions with my boss and my growing concern that strategies were flawed). My only advice is keep focused on customers, your teams and growing your own capabilities. Businesses come and go and obviously business models were made to get rocked as change rolls in.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just saw MD is leaving for a role in wholesale grocery. He was so AVERAGE and he caused many capable people to leave or get forced out. He always promoted he did not have a back-up for himself....right ?!? Finally he was not allowed to keep getting "developed" in areas he knew nothing about. He was not the champion of development of others he bragged about. I found him tricky to deal with. Hit goals and one survived, but he always destroyed self esteem in little ways. Figured he jump ship soon or get let go. His arrogant article that med/pharma distribution was krypontite to Amazon should have been a signal he was out of touch and/or self-promoting.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Likely MD tauted his ability to navigate the strategic stuff with Amazon and others disrupting market for grocery. Too bad he left so much damage in his wake, but probably a good thing for CAH. MD stressed so many people and thought everyone sucked below him unless he was playing them for various reasons. He will be a big fish in a little pond which is what he likes and bigger title.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any chance Casey is next to leave? There is still hope for Cardinal to regain some self-respect if enough prudent changes are put in place. Changes that should include the disposing of toxins like this guy.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good to see changes happening. New CEO has lots of deep background, so optimistic that he will improve business and culture. Agree MD leaving long overdue. Probably a nice job for him with much much lower earnings but a distribution play he should be able to impact positively.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The only way that CAH will improve is if all of these self righteous so called leaders follow the likes of MK, GB, and MD and leave. Working at CAH was the greatest lesson in how not to lead that anyone could ever ask for. The VPs in this company are atrocious and they need to be cleaned out. Doesn't seem like it will get any better either with the Covidien crew taking over. DC is sitting back and letting blaze take over the helm with his little butt buddies. Little man Blaze should remind everyone of another little man...MK. Leaving CAH has been the best decision of my life.