To Katie,Christy and Nancy about our 'World Class' Marketing team??!!??

Discussion in 'Genentech' started by anonymous, Feb 8, 2020 at 3:40 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

To Katie,Christy and Nancy about our 'World Class' Marketing team??!!??

Do you have any idea what a poor shape marketing is in? Do you even care? Do you know that no one believes we are moving towards being a 'World class marketing team'? Downhill since Transformation and just getting worse. At least the field has a plan. Whether you believe in it or not, it is a plan. WE HAVE NO LEADERSHIP, NO PLAN, JUST PEOPLE WHO CARE LESS AND LESS EVERYDAY.

New team after new team being built weekly. This is creating chaos and confusion. Portfolio marketing? Really? This is the old Managed Care Marketing team. Land grab and typical genentech egos at play. XBO restructuring again? We have done this every 6 months the last 3 years. Joint leads??? No decision maker? Cute joint emails being sent. Two ecosystem marketing teams on top of this?? Doing what? No one knows. Ask any of them. No goal, no vision, just meeting day after day after day on a holding pattern. Creating busy work at best. Waste of time and DRAINING OUR ENERGY! PEOPLE ARE TIRED!

Do you know that many many good people will leave in March? People are bragging about offers they have accepted. We post roles externally, hire expensive external recruiters and it is still hard to hire good talent. Meanwhile, we are watching our own teams spinning, being taken in crazy directions and can't help. We are losing them, too.

You/we are not creating a world class organization. This is a sh*&%t show. Do you know that this is what people call marketing these days? It isn't funny. It is sad.

Marketing needs help. And we are losing the people who care enough to be honest and help. Those who will stay just want a big company boring job to collect a pay check and go under the radar.

At least I can stay that I tried.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sums up marketing these days.
    They know all this and have the Ecosystems to worry about as a priority.

Don't sweat it or will drive you crazy. Just figure out your next steps and look out for you.
    This place is dead.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Fact = there are more jobs in the bay area than people. Pay is same or better, title is better, more stable for at least a few years, and much less drama. I have been interviewing and can't keep up with the number of jobs out there. Can't wait to cash my bonus and be free from the drama.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

One defining moment at Genentech: When they chose the idiot BA over J Cook. Our fate was sealed on that day.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We let our best woman leader go and let these little girls in SSF run this joint to the ground! How ironic!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This sounds like a really bad Girl Scout social experiment gone worse!

7. xyz

xyz new user

Yes this!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This place does not need or deserve us anymore. They need graphic artists to run around and make pretty pamphlets for RGMs/DMs now called HEDs. That is what the BAM/Account Marketing teams did.

Unless you are launching a new molecule, this new world class marketing organization is a waste of your time.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Cuts in marketing are next. They will say that now that they know what the field is like, they need less marketers. This is their pattern.

Dishonest self serving people making decisions in our new reimagined world and new ways of working. Small brains and big self serving egos.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Whoever doing the re-imagining is on dope. This place is at a point of beyond repair. When it is fully destroyed, Basil will come in and erase any remnant of Genentech and change its name. They will rehire 2nd tie sale people to sell their products under Roche. One may ask why. The Genentech "magic" is too expensive. They never get or care for the culture crap. Party is over everyone.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Can’t speak for the field but marketing definitely turning into 2nd tier marketing. We can’t even get people to interview for roles.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No kidding. No one in my department is buying green bananas. Most of us are waiting for 3/31. Every 6 months you get new instructions about your job from the people who don't even know or care what is going. If you want to come to SSf to work, you will find plenty of openings in April. If you are out in the field, just know that this company and its culture are decaying from the inside because of the inept leadership. The feeling is like when your ship is sinking and you cannot find the captain. It is truly a shit show in an epic proportion.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Shit show in epic proportion is right. No captain that we can see. I have been trying to understand if they know and don't care or are too busy to realize the shit show they have created. Sucks being here.

How many resignations in Marketing in March and April? Let's start a game!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You cannot smell the stink when you are the one who crapped the shitter.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lets be honest for a moment- our marketing at Genentech sucks the D and has paled in comparison to other companies like Merck, Pfizer and even Amgen. Get over yourselves. Don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lets be clear- marketing and sales at Genentech have been solid. It is leaders who have taken a wayyyyy conservative stand on everything. They have always tied the hands of sales and marketing. They couldn't do anything. Everything managed and dictated from scared attorneys and compliance.

Given what they had, sales and marketing did a good job. It is the bad judgment calls of the leaders. Still the case. This mess is there's to own.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

why wait until 3/31? Bonus checks are 3/15

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I brought up these same points to my Marketing Director. I was told to not take it so seriously! That it is just a job! That it is not my problem to fix. I know the was trying to help but it sucks! I was told that they want positive people here these days. I asked him if that is the reason he is so positive. He just smiled.

Messed up place we call Genentech these days!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They are trying to create a cult-like "mindset". If you question them, you are considered negative and not welcome to stay. You have to be a kiss-ass and Kool Aid drinker to survive this. It is very scary if you think about it. That's why all the independent thinkers in the field are being pushed out. Just look at the DMs and CSs that were ousted in the pioneer ecosystems. They really are trying to turn us into bots!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This will not work with and open mind to critical thinking and loyal dissent. If this hiring trend continues then the fix is in and this is just sales force reduction.