Tom O'Neal out of Surgical (President)

Discussion in 'Hologic' started by anonymous, Jul 26, 2017 at 10:33 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Tom O'Neal has only been the president of the surgical division for two years and he was fired? Anyone know the scoop on why? What is going on with this company!??

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Probably due to slow down in novasure sales. Double digit growth or you're out!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And replaced by someone who has been with the company 3-4 months. And, the biggest surprise.... he's from Stryker. Shocking. Can't wait to hear the earnings call and the spin on this, especially since in prior earnings calls they've been gushing about how great of a job Tom was doing and now will have some excuse as to why they are moving a different direction. So now you have a new President in 2 of the divisions. Curious how the analysts and stock will react.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Tom O'Neill is a buffoon. I lost what little respect I had for him when he sent out that ridiculous Saturday morning email then lied about it by saying he only meant to send it to managers. Please. The content clearly was meant for sales reps. He was great at overpromising and under-delivering, that's about it. Granted, he didn't exactly have the greatest leadship team on earth as Eric Compton is one of those nerdy guys who probably had his lunch money stolen in high school and now gets on stage at meetings acting like a complete clown. The entire surgical division is a joke with no new products, little innovation, and people jumping ship as quickly as possible from reps, to management, to people at corporate. The corny sports references and constant butt kissing of the New England Patriots is also comical. The training department, run by one of the nastiest human beings I've ever met, MBT, has also done a good job of running good people out. What a pathetic excuse of a company.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Did O’Neil really get canned because Novasure sales are down? Is this the same reason Eby, Meier, and Parachek got canned? Why are Novasure sales down??

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Whether the sole reason he got canned was due to NS sales being down, who knows. I can tell you one thing, Mirena is eating GEA for lunch and Hologic is so oblivious it’s incredible. GEA as a whole is dramatically down and the powers to be at Hologic are clueless to the fact that women are getting IUD’s in the office in 5 minutes for pretty much free as opposed to Surgical intervention. All their data is complete garbage to say that ablation is better. The market is crushing Hologic Surgical and I’m sure the fact that TO was blind to that with his idiotic quotas didn’t help his cause.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

O'Neill wasn't in the boys' club (Valenti, Kelly, West).
    He drove to the "double digit growth mantra" getting "green quarters" in his metrics.
    But uh oh, 2017 is a "down year"
    And Two-year-Tommie is out, back upstate. His woobie Fruhan jumped to Cyno back in May.
    He knew it was coming.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hearing Compton is out now, too.