Too many Cubes is not sweet

Discussion in 'The Medicines Company' started by Anonymous, Aug 24, 2014 at 11:25 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Medicines Company is making a big mistake hiring all of these Cubist and Durata reps. The lack of professionalism upon which they exit a company is indicative of the attitudes you will face at the first sign of any challenges down the road. Bringing in an entire group of representatives all from the same company or background can backfire when they turn against the leadership. Look at the Durata board if you want to get a taste of what to expect.

All will be well in the very beginning as the relationship starts with the company impressed by these high performers and their qualifications. The reps are equally impressed by the company. Soon thereafter, the company realizes that many of these so-called high performers with outstanding relationships don't really have what it takes to sell. The reps realize that the company as well as much of the leadership the leadership team knows nothing about the anti-infective market and the blame game begins......

The reps not performing will claim that the company's marketing or pricing strategies make it impossible to sell their drug. They will also claim that the ID market is very slow to adopt new drugs and that the company needs to understand that it could take years before anything begins to happen. The company does not want to wait years and expected these reps with all the great relationships they have to get things going. The reps don't want to jeopardize the relationships they took years to build with a hard sell and the company doesn't see the value of having a relationship if it doesn't help sell the product. It has been months now and many of the representatives have not sold a thing, now the negativity begins.....

There will be clear separation between the have and the have-nots and resentment and entitlement begin to rear their ugly head. The company grows impatient with the under-performing excuse laden reps. The reps blame the cardiovascular focused management team for not knowing anything about the markets or anti-infectives. They resent being led by someone that brings no value to them.

With sales going nowhere the pressure mounts and the company is quick to make moves on the under-performers, the entitled reps who are used to a long honeymoon period are shocked that they aren't permitted to under-perform for at least a few years before getting terminated. Both voluntary and involuntary turnover runs rampant in the first 12-18 months. the company is shocked at how quickly the group has turned negative. The stock price has gone down and options are all worthless.

The company now realizes that hiring representatives with the exact same phenotype and backgrounds was a big mistake. Chatter among the cliquey Cubies intensifies and many now move on to the next big thing realizing that coming here was a mistake.

Just a guess, but this scenario may just play out this way. Time will tell, and I'll be sure to come back and remind you when it does.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The bottom line is Orbactiv has a lot of negatives too it! You need us Cubies to get it done!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Geez...Must be shitty Forest rep...who apparently has a magic crystal ball and predict the future. I will be here, friend to remind you when we are all successful and swimming in gobs of money what a true dipshit you truly are.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hate much?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

nope...just pompous arrogant reps who think they know more than everybody else and how they poop on everybody's parade based on NO facts but theory and conjecture. Sounds like you can dish it out but can't take it? Put on your big boy pants and learn to take it on the chin...Forest reps, at least what I have seen, are the dumbest box of rocks in the ID community. Just ask the ID's. They will tell ya.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am considering a job here and apparently required to sign a non-compete agreement. Does this mean if the whole thing blows up I cannot work in the ID space for another comapny that may have a product in the same use?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All kidding aside, you should be thrilled that you're getting team cubist. A bunch of the reps that have migrated over to the medco are responsible for one of the greatest AB launches and sustained product sales in the history of pharma. That's no bullshit... If Orita and the gram neg are launched properly, your stock will double and your smug tune will change fast!!

Don't believe me??? I got my cubist options at 12,15,25, and 32. I cashed the majority of them in at 80. The sales force was largely responsible for the successes of Cubist and Cubist management has lost sight of that fact. We literally created the outpatient home infusion and ID infusion marketplace!!

I'm not sure why you think its unprofessional for people to leave one opportunity for a new challenge and potentially better all around situation. If you realized the bullshit the cubist reps have endoured for the last 18 months, you might not be so harsh with your judgement.

For what its worth... The medco has been the aggressor in this situation. They're are pushing hard for cubist reps to come over and fast!! Some cubes are getting offiers during their first interview!!! Consider this, and the fact they're offiering generous raises, before you judge the cubes. This could be good for everyone. Embrace it...

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with the idea that hiring too many people from the same company is not a good idea. What's their motivation for coming here? You have to ask the obvious question, are these cubies here because they want to be here are or are they here because they are running away from cubist? Would they be here if the past 18 months had been different? I think we all know the answer to that question. Most declined the initial offers, that should tell us something also. Hiring angry disgruntled cubies as EMs will get you some initial surge from the "revenge factor" but is not good practice in the long term.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't believe this fool! Most, if not all, of the people you hired from Cubist DID NOT launch Cubicin. The original sales force is long gone and these are just replacements of replacements. They never launched anything and are in for a rude awakening when they find out oritavancin is already being rejected by the academic centers. You think they complained about Cubist......just wait!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whos the fool jackass??? I cashed in for about 220,000 in stock options over the years!! I'm not saying that every cube was there for launch. I'm simply saying the ones The medco is getting are the best cubist has or had!!!

As far as the academic centers... They baulk at everthing new and expensive so nothing new there genius. If it were easy, they wouldnt need us!!
    How do you think the academic centers felt about cubicin when it first came out?

Maybe you're in the wrong line of work... Try selling used cars or sanitation supplies instead. That's probably more your speed. Leave the hard selling to the big boys.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok, I will

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This was originally posted on 8/24, almost 3 months ago and is beginning to develop exactly as described.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"There will be clear separation between the have and the have-nots and resentment and entitlement begin to rear their ugly head. The company grows impatient with the under-performing excuse laden reps. The reps blame the cardiovascular focused management team for not knowing anything about the markets or anti-infectives. They resent being led by someone that brings no value to them.

With sales going nowhere the pressure mounts and the company is quick to make moves on the under-performers, the entitled reps who are used to a long honeymoon period are shocked that they aren't permitted to under-perform for at least a few years before getting terminated."

It's here

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tic-Toc Tic-Toc

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"The reps not performing will claim that the company's marketing or pricing strategies make it impossible to sell their drug. They will also claim that the ID market is very slow to adopt new drugs and that the company needs to understand that it could take years before anything begins to happen. The company does not want to wait years and expected these reps with all the great relationships they have to get things going. The reps don't want to jeopardize the relationships they took years to build with a hard sell and the company doesn't see the value of having a relationship if it doesn't help sell the product. It has been months now and many of the representatives have not sold a thing, now the negativity begins....."

It's happening

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Relationship selling is the least effective method of influence. To your point reps with realationships are hesitant to challenge customers. Huge strategic mistake for MDCO to have overpaid for "relationships"

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe where you live. Down here in the south, relationships will make or break you. Total bullshit post

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amazing that this was posted over 6 months ago and has pretty much been on the money. Many of you will be asked to get off the bus soon. Classic failure to launch

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

On the contrary, NONE of the things you stated have happened. MDCO is still very impressed by us and despite slow sales nobody is blaming anybody. There is no separation between the have and have-nots. We are all have-nots. The company has not been quick to move on the under-performers and we have not had any rampant turnover as you had predicted. And finally, the stock price has gone UP almost two dollars and not down. In fact, my initial 3500 options will be worth almost $7,000 once they fully vest!! So you were wrong!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The wildcard you didn't forsee: LATE BONUS PAYOUTS. (If ever?)
    We are talking exactly half a fiscal quarter late as a best case scenario. :-0
    the ACC and IDC folks are obviously upset and most are shoving the BS right back uphill. The over / under for reps gone by year's end is 50%. Any takers? And that's if we escape our patent litigation If not, then might I suggest we all hold hands and run off a cliff like those little gerbils in the wild. We could jump on a conference call first, sip some coolaide, and then sing 99 bottles as we march in unison.

Imagine the next set of ACC/IDC (Reps and/or managers) candidates reading these comments prior to their interview.
    Candidate Question: Do you actually payout your bonuses?
    Management Answer: well that's a tough one because we are trying to centralize analytics and subjective measures need to once again be audited. And there will be reductions, which we will actually reference as increases. So... that's a definite maybe.