Too Soon?

Discussion in 'Kowa Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, May 4, 2020 at 11:03 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are we putting ourselves out there too soon? Doctors think it is a liability to have us in their offices right now, and I'm hearing from many professionals that they do not want to see reps until mid June or July at best. This is not to take away from how incredibly fortunate all of us are to have jobs right now and that our company has made the right decisions thus far. As stay-at-home orders end, what are the expectations here? With the pressure of going back May 18th, are we prepared enough to put our lives at risk so soon? I'm unable to find sanitizer, wipes, and gloves. The masks provided are much appreciated, but I still feel incredibly underprepared. Also curious about goals for Q2. Can't help but think about reps going out risking it all VS. those that do not have to yet because their state says so...and they'll probably end up winning awards after all is said and done anyways because new york and cali always do. Every state is so different, but as a cohesive small company, it would be helpful to have a uniform direction as to how we move forward during these tough times and what exactly the expectations are instead of a vague concept. Example: say if we do have access to an office that requires a mask, gown, and gloves, and we only have one of these, what does that mean? Or if our stay-at-home order has expired and no offices are seeing reps yet, what happens then?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

agreed...i'm scared and feel underprepared too. such uncharted territory

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Former Kowa employee. My current company has told us to finish the entire quarter home and return July 1. I feel very lucky but am worried about you all. I hope they change their mind. If not, i have a feeling there may be complaints. In virtual calls, I’ve had offices say no reps until no new cases or vaccine.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I understand how you feel, to be honest l too felt this way initially, but after speaking with many of our colleagues industry wide. I Found that we as Kowa reps are in a much better position than most reps at large organizations. I must credit Kowa for the transparency, honesty and empathy towards the field staff thus far. Kowa like most of the industry are following federal and state guidelines [ as with weather closings]. If the majority of your State is full of genius's drunk on disinfectant and high off lysol protesting to re-open. Your government officials using the media attention to fuel their political agenda disguised as an " economic crises" vs what national polls, increased/rising rates of infection in all 50 states clearly proving this is a "health crises."...What can Kowa do? This pandamic is unprecedented there are no pages in our handbook that address this.

Our job is to sell, that is what we get paid to do. I am grateful and confident that I will have a job to get back to whenever my state re-opens vs the larger organizations who promise their reps a July opening [regardless of demographic] Only to layoff 20-30% in October for their shareholders. Most veterans have experienced this scenerio a number of time throughout their careers. Most of them do not trust a word coming out their DM, RD, VPs. Many are overwhelmed working harder on home admin assignments, fearfully more competitive than their team mates at writing emails, providing B.S selfinitiated nonimpactful projects [ as a Dm assure you no one reads but still reply "great work") trying to woo managers -bz work. These publicly traded company reps get little to no sleep all anxious at the uncertainty.

The last thing I am concerned about are goals and incentive for Q2, Pandemic or not We have been getting paid to basically stay home and enjoy time with our families w/ all benifets still accruing pTO. Sales and incentive goes together like a horse and carriage... Kowa will make it right when they figure it out. Complaining about the obvious puts that same carriage in front of the horse. Field reps nor Kowa knows what sales,access, etc. after a pandemic even looks like at offices.

Finally, Instead of already giving up to the NE why not take this as an opportunity to finally beat the N.E? The majority of the N.E is closed. N.E goals (like are our GDP) are probably 5-10x higher than most regions. Open states even with adjustments gets a head start ( risk level at your discretion, doubt kowa will pressure anyone to risk their health or penalize anyone due to office restrictions) I do not know what state your in, but I can assure you [from a state where you could not find a roll of tissue paper for weeks]PPE is more readily available now than ever before.

Stay focus, Stay Safe, and Sell the best you can control.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

dr. offices and hospitals may sue if we spread the disease... i know a few kowa reps who refuse to wear masks or take precautions bc they think it's a hoax so that seems reckless and like a liability too and Allergan not going back this month so idk guess we'll see what happens guys fingers crossed noone dies

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The reality is that doctors offices are seeing very few patients (at least half their normal) With the lessened amount of patients I think our working from home is the most effective and conscientious approach we can possibly take at this point . If patients are staying away from er and avoiding major procedures I do not believe that reps going in is safe or essential . The virtual calls are excellent and shipped samples are very appropriate . We are all in sales but the world is going through something very major at the moment . Us staying out of the field until it is appropriate to re-enter is the right thing to do in a moral, socially responsible and legal sense .

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I applaud whoever you are.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just curious, even if stay-at-home orders have expired, will we be punished if we do NOT feel safe going into the few offices who do end up allowing reps?? Because I do not feel okay or safe going anywhere right now

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’ll record calls but I will be working from home. Fire me.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree. I am pregnant and will not be risking my baby. No one will know if I am in the field. My manager never rides with my anyway.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well, unless you are forging doctor's signatures, they will be able to figure out rather quickly if you are in field, or not..

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Noone's trying to be stupid here. We just all want to be safe obviously, so be more vocal with DM's and upper management about the risk and inability to successfully perform right now versus screwing yourself and getting in trouble.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That's what the excel sheet is for. Literally no offices open to reps right now and even if they are, good luck showing proof of getting tested every week hah. Having that swab shoved so far up your nose/into your brain it hurts, all just have 1 terrified minute with your docs. SO i think it's safe to say you can work from home til June or July even and still be safe and compliant.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thank you Ben!!!! And everyone at Kowa/Home Office for making the right decision once again, we appreciate you!! Virtual Hugs

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm confused...are we staying at home until June 1st? Because my manager is telling me otherwise saying I need to get out there even though I'm in a hot spot and offices not really seeing reps...I think we need some clarification. Ben's email said "vast majority" and my state definitely qualifies as being risky so am I supposed to ignore my boss or the ceo? I don't feel safe going out right now just sayin. Feeling lots of pressure here.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

^^ agreed--my manager is saying to get out there "if you can" but then says "other states are so you need to". So my question is: does Ben's email still apply???do i get in trouble between now and may 31st if i don't go out to the few offices allowing reps? i feel scared and don't want to get fired for being safe and genuinely dont know what to do. any advice here please!!!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, there are some managers who want to either make a name for themselves, establish that they’re “the boss”, or kiss their RD’s ass. You all know what you have.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Maybe like the Manager in Baltimore that wans to be kissing his Manager's rear all the time and sends threatening email because you don't synchronize VEEVA at least 2 times a day! Saying his Manager is targeting him for this. Really, what happens if you don't synchronize 2 times a day, will the world end, maybe they can't see how many Doctors you called on today or where you went in the field? We supposed to be quarantined at home! Come on CVV, is that how really you are?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Left

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest