TOP Five Reasons EXALGO ER will FAIL

Discussion in 'Covidien' started by Anonymous, Jun 27, 2010 at 7:10 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cafepharma Message Boards > Company Boards > Endo
    Top 5 reasons EXALGO ER will fail!!
    User Name Remember Me?
    Password

Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search

Show Threads Show Posts
    Advanced Search

Go to Page...

Free People Search
    View First Unread Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
    #1 05-13-2010, 11:55 PM
    Anonymous Posts: n/a

Top 5 reasons EXALGO ER will fail!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Where do I begin? How about counting down....

#5. Formualry: Most PBM's/HMO's/Insurances will NEVER cover this on their formularies.
    A few State Medicaids will add it on, but ONLY after a HUGE rebate is given
    meaning less money in Covidien's pockets.

#4. Past FAILURE!!!: Hey Rep loser, ever hear of Palladone? No? Let me educate you. It
    was made by Purdue, and quickly pulled off the market after the FDA
    told them it should be pulled! Guess what drug it was?
    You guessed it! Extended Release Hydromorphone!!
    Glad you guys came up with such a NEW and Unique product!!!
    http://www.webmd.com/pain-management...714/palladone- pain-drug-pulled-off-market

#3. Side Effects: Have you even looked at the drug insert?!?!? Potential death if taken
    split, crushed or crushed. Possible death if taken with alcohol. Severe
    possible respiratory depression.......... It goes on and on!!!

#2. Abuse Potential: Yep, move over Oxy, move over Percocet, We got us some SUSTAINED
    RELEASE Dillies!!!! The junkies will be robbing, thieving and killing for
    this little gem. Lets see how many pharmacies carry this crap!

AND THE NUMBER ONE REASON WHY YOU WILL SOON BE UNEMPLOYED.................

#1. PRICE: Let me try to regain my composure here. Seriously Covidien? Seriously?!
    Lets look at the prices here. $1000 dollars for a bottle of the 8mg??!?!?
    $2000.00 dollars for a bottle of the 16mg. What are you guys
    smoking?!?!?! Have you heard about the current economy?!?!?! Who
    the Hell can afford this?!?!?!

Don't worry, you can always fall back on selling PENNSAID. Another WINNER!!!! Lets see, 10 drops at a time, 4 times a day! Look at these HYSTERICAL directions!!!!!!!

To avoid spillage, dispense PENNSAID 10 drops at a time either directly onto the knee or first into the hand and then onto the knee. Spread PENNSAID evenly around front, back and sides of the knee. Repeat this procedure until 40 drops have been applied and the knee is completely covered with solution.

And at an aamzing cost of $ 180 bucks!!! (Is the dropper made out of gold)

Anonymous
    #2 05-14-2010, 11:28 AM

Re: Top 5 reasons EXALGO ER will fail!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    $200 in my neck of the woods.

Anonymous
    #3 05-15-2010, 11:30 PM

$189 at cvs. The pateint can only get the bottle of Pennsaid vs VG tubes can be broken up for the 1 tube for $30.....if patient has no money and no coverage then they can afford the 1-2 tubes. Pennsaid they have to buy the whole bottle for $189!

Anonymous
    #4 05-16-2010, 12:44 AM

Pennsaid and Exalgo are both a joke. We can sell against them anyday. Both totally loser drugs!!!

Anonymous
    #5 05-19-2010, 11:46 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Pennsaid and Exalgo are both a joke. We can sell against them anyday. Both totally loser drugs!!!

did you really just sat loser drugs? wow you guys are doomed.

Anonymous
    #6 05-26-2010, 08:06 PM

even better. I talked to a md after he was detailed from a rep, she told him it could not be crushed and abused and since it is L A opioid, addiction potentail is low. Looks like another 1 billion fine to me if they can last this long. Most offices will kick reps out if it is the message anyway

Anonymous
    #7 Today, 11:08 AM

I'm in the process of switching from Duragesic because the director of my PM clinic suddenly (after 2 years of me getting 90 days supplies) decided "state guidelines" dictated I can now get only a 30 day supply.

The new cost of the 30 day supply is around $130 (my co-pay). With a co-pay of 20-30 percent, are you saying it would be MORE than $130? Of course, it depends on my dosage which I figure will be around 30 mg. to start off with.

Any input/calculation of cost?

thanks!

Anonymous
    #8 Today, 02:11 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Anonymous
    I'm in the process of switching from Duragesic because the director of my PM clinic suddenly (after 2 years of me getting 90 days supplies) decided "state guidelines" dictated I can now get only a 30 day supply.

The new cost of the 30 day supply is around $130 (my co-pay). With a co-pay of 20-30 percent, are you saying it would be MORE than $130? Of course, it depends on my dosage which I figure will be around 30 mg. to start off with.

Any input/calculation of cost?

thanks!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've been taking Exalgo for 11 months without any problem. It reduces my pain from Ankylosing Sponylitis andtrust me...I can tell a huge difference if I miss a dose. I, personally, do not find the medication addictive, but I don't seem to have an addictive personality. The warnings on Exalgo aren't any more extreme than most other narcotic pain relievers and I do have some of the risk factors like slep apnea, hypothyroidism, etc. It may be a little harder to find in the mainstrem pharmacies, but I find that Walgreens and many of the smaller family owned pharmacies have it in stock. I am lucky enough to have insurance which covers the medication without a problem even though it is a higher tier copay. However, by using the manufacturer discount program, I pay only $15 a month. So, tell me again why this is such a horrible pharmaceutical company and medication?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Opana is one of the most highly abused drugs on the market.

Opana has exceeded both cocaine and heroin in non-suicidal overdose deaths.

Opana is a drug-seekers drug.

The FDA says that the new Opana has more abuse potential than the old Opana, so they will not block generics.

And on and on.

Tell me that part again about why Exalgo will fail.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HOW THE FUCK DID EXALGO HAVE SUCH A SHORT PATENT LIFE??