Topiramate Extended Release Generic

Discussion in 'Supernus' started by anonymous, Jun 25, 2019 at 11:26 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Heard it here folks, RD admits most of his job is just sitting there doing nothing

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ditto but I’m in neither of those. Must be more company koolaid

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don’t think it was from corporate. It wasn’t in every region. But it just goes to show you how many managers are on here every day. smh

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hopefully we will got more insight on the expected impact Qudexy will have on us either positive or negative at the Q1 POA. Also it would be great if they would review the emerging competition we have next year for both epilepsy and migraine at the Q1 POA. This would include the oral MABS set to arrive in 2020 and also SK's blockbuster destined partial/generalized epilepsy med coming out early next year.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We will not hear anything in regards to competition. The Supernus way is “don’t talk about them and doctors won’t use it...” or downplay new drugs launching. Trokendixr has maybe a year left on it. By that time there will be multiple generics plus all of the cgrp products coming in 2020. Need to pray for 812

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Easy with the “blockbuster destined” talk. We heard the same thing about 810...

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

With the 812 PDUFA date so late in the year let’s hope this generic only partially destroys our business between now and then or we will all be in deep

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

16 days

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is today the day?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anybody heard anything about the new generic from your offices? I have not

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What would make you think our offices are going to take the time to mention that now? Also what would make you think Zydus would be stupid enough to launch it now?

This has to be someone from corporate fishing with the field for intel. If you are coming to CP for competitive knowledge you are far less prepared for this thing going generic than I could have ever imagined.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why wouldn’t Zydus launch? Not like this has to be detailed. All they have to do is list it, contract and let the payers switch Rxs behind the scenes.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Zydus will not target payers but will work directly with pharmacies to switch patients. Once the pharmacist recommends a cheaper alternative to patients I'd say payers wont object. This will be a nightmare.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why will the second generic be substitutable at the pharmacy if the first wasn’t?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm sure we will know very soon wont we.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is correct. They can’t substitute Trokendi XR at the pharmacy with new generic. Patient would have to contact provider who would have to write new Rx for topiramate ER which most know isn’t any better than IR.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

For a patient to get TXR they have to ST the IR. Now they are going to have to ST this generic as well.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is how things will look over the next few months. A new patient goes to the pharmacy with a script of TXR, the pharmacy will try to run the script and one of two scenarios will happen it will either be covered or not. If it's covered the patient will walk out of the pharmacy with TXR.

If it's not covered or requires a PA which we know happens more often than not, then the pharmacists will recommend this new generic as a replacement.

This is very easy to predict. Next topic please.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Riddle this for me. Do we already have a problem with the pharmacies recommending the current generic? It is priced less than 1/2 of TXR.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The good news is Zydus's generic isn't listed as available on goodrx yet. As far as you wanting me to take the bait you are laying out I'll pass. I have no desire to argue with you on a topic I already know what the outcome will be.

I will be more than happy to revisit this topic with you 90 days from now. I will put a reminder in my calendar book why don't you do the same.