TOWNHALL MEETING

Discussion in 'Lundbeck' started by anonymous, May 12, 2020 at 8:52 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, downsizing was addressed on the Town Hall yesterday by replying: NOT ANTICIPATED!

Key words, "NOT anticipated."

That was their way of passing off the question and keeping the natives settled down ATM while they are really contemplating a downsizing of some sort before year-end, Don't be fooled here folks. A handful of companies have already had layoffs since this pandemic work from home status hit and more will surely follow. Consider it part of the NEW NORMAL as much as our managers and John & Tres are repeatedly saying VIRTUAL ENGAGE interactions will become more of our selling world very soon.and we need to embrace it now...

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Remember in Jan and Feb when the experts told us not to worry about the pandemic and the flu was more dangerous? Not anticipated, sure!!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The CEO will love that!! 15 dollar an hour tele marketers vs pharm salaries..
    better corporate jets and more stock options as they fire most of the field forces

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Exactly. This is worst case scenario for us reps.
    80% lose jobs AND it’s demonstrated we can be easily replaced. Think how many virtual touch points someone motivated at a computer can do in 10 hours vs. someone driving all over the place and sitting in a waiting room.

It was good while it lasted. Was always a precarious profession.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Virtual engagement is of minimal impact, at best. Great salespeople will always have jobs in this industry. This current environment will allow industry to get rid of those that have no sales ability, a welcome change.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My neighbor is loving virtual engagement. He will only see 3 reps per day, morning rep must cater breakfast, noon rep must cater breakfast and afternoon rep must do a snack. He’s very demanding and will only do organic and gluten free. Each rep gets a 5 minute detail time limit, he now spends half as much time with reps and sees half as many as he used to. This is the future people, my neighbor doesn’t even know who these reps are. They are not thank you meals, these reps could be from India as far as he cares.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

your “neighbor” is probably one of those sanctimonious people that bitches about the cost of medicine while demanding free food and twice as many samples to hand out as his peers.

I’d cut the fucker from the call deck and tell him to get his own food.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Management is EAGER to believe that virtual selling is effective. Either they are completely delusional or they know the truth, and don’t want to deal with it. I talked with an office manager who is a personal friend, and already this week she has had over 10 companies call and either want to do a virtual contact or lunch. They have now decided to no longer do anything virtually. They will contact a rep for samples, and if you can’t come by for a signature, they will either use a generic or another brand if managed care will let them. They have let a couple of people go and will have to greatly reduce doing PA’S. You will not see the doctor sign.

I did a virtual lunch, and it was a waste of money. The doc said “Hi” and told me to stay safe, and said he would sign for samples. I LIED to my ASM and made up a bunch of crap of how great the interaction was. My counterpart did the same thing in another office. I don’t know if my ASM believes us or not. It doesn’t really matter either because they have no way to check. John Arena, in his video, said that 86% of physicians were ok with pharma companies providing information about their drugs. What the hell does that even mean? Does that mean mailing co-pay cards? I don’t think it means telling them for the millionth time about a AM, Trintellix or Rexulti patient.

A reorganization will happen, and needs to happen. Prepare yourself now, and not try to deal with it when it happens. All of the pharma companies will have to face the fact that virtual selling is very expensive, and ineffective. At some point they will have to face the reality of it. Right know they desperately want to believe that it works.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Companies are doing distance detailing. Managers may drop in electronically for their field ride. Everyone is creating the illusion that they are working and worthy of their salary. No one in management is ready to call bullshit, for obvious reasons. No where to run no where to hide, draw the check and hope it last. This is pharma at it's best. Every company plays follow the leader and no one creates a new sales model or a novel concept to promote meds in what may be the model of the future for Pharma sales.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very well said!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not true everywhere. It’s a function of where you work.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My other neighbor works for ESPN. He is really worried or obvious reasons.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Should have studied harder in school. Toast.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Once the profits dry up and stock craters, the “illusion” will be dispelled by the board of directors pretty quick.
    Doesn’t help that Lundbeck isn’t exactly doing well financially after so many pipeline failures.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

3 reps per day? That is very generous!! How about 3 reps per month, as most docs do, if even that. And why should they see us? It's not like we offer them anything new whatsoever!!!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You all just complain and work yourselves out of a job. You deserve to be let go

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yep. Talking to us is no different than talking to a Walmart greeter.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It will last until a big company decides that they don't want this and start to layoff most of the reps at that point it will be an avalanche with few spared.
    The pharma reps job is dandling by a hair .

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well on a positive note at least they can’t hold our feet to the fire over unrealistic call average requirements! Call average reports are a thing of the past!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You seem to have a self esteem issue? Please seek help, you are indeed a valuable person.