TP Orthodontics

Discussion in 'Dental Reps General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Jan 26, 2011 at 8:45 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone have information on working for TP Orthodontics?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good intro into orthodontics, if that's what you're looking for. Pay vs. other companies in the industry is terrible. Don't know if they've changed it or not, but they used to have inside/outside reps. Two weeks inside calling your territory out of a call center, two weeks out in the territory following up on leads. Pay structure is more akin to an inside sales position. Still, if you're looking and trying to gain some experience, it wouldn't be a bad jumping off point. There are industry rumors that their are a few suitors out there to purchase them, which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good intro into orthodontics, if that's what you're looking for. Pay vs. other companies in the industry is terrible. Don't know if they've changed it or not, but they used to have inside/outside reps. Two weeks inside calling your territory out of a call center, two weeks out in the territory following up on leads. Pay structure is more akin to an inside sales position. Still, if you're looking and trying to gain some experience, it wouldn't be a bad jumping off point. There are industry rumors that their are a few suitors out there to purchase them, which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard TP is making some big changes. Reps are now living in their territories instead of traveling out of Scottsdale. How is this going?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm in the industry and haven't heard anything about it... haven't heard any of my docs talking about their TP rep either. This is news to me.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the turnover like?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any updates on TP?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

TP has let go several very loyal employees over the last several weeks. Turnover has always been bad at TP but most choose to leave after getting tired of working for such a poorly run company. It's a shame that these managers were fired... They remained very dedicated employees even though they were treated terribly. I know they will land on their feet and I feel awful for the reps who are left to deal with the crap that is going on at TP. The products are great but unless ownership changes it will remain a horrible company to work for.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great people hurt by a bad economy

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How is this company to work for?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This isn't the greatest company to work for. If you can get a sales job elsewhere, take it. They provide no sales training, pay is terrible, no sick days, benefits are skimpy. No clear direction and lack of strong leadership. The company is hard to work for due to lack of communication and accountability (superiors especially). Outside sales for the company is slightly better than inside sales. Inside sales team is a joke and waste of time if you're considering working for that team spare yourself. Marketing doesn't provide enough support for the company to keep up with major players in Ortho. After moving on I really saw what a joke the company is in the industry. So far behind competition, yet they think they are a top competitor. Reviews on Glassdoor are very accurate as to what you will experience with TP. I ignored them prior to accepting a job with the company and wish I wouldn't have. Also, turnover is unusually high, even for sales. I interviewed with the company and the office was empty (red flag). It was empty because everyone in the sales office had quit, and after I was hired on my coworkers and I did the same after a few months.

Long story short, if you have a brain and can get a job with a more reputable company that somewhat values employees, take it.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is pay any good

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pay is terrible. Lowest paying company in the industry and terrible benefits. Also little vacation days and no sick leave. If you're sick those days out come out of your pocket. Not worth it. Like a previous poster said, if you are capable of landing a job elsewhere, do so. I regret giving this company a shot. It was a waste of time and after quitting the company and experience the job presented were not seen as valuanle by other potential employers. They provide zero sales training and other companies, recruiters and hiring managers will tell you that unless you are someone with prior training or extensive experience, take a job somewhere else. If you're just breaking into sales, look for a reputable company with a great sales training program. Also, TP commission structure is bad. It's already hard enough to sell their products, so having a low base on top of poor earning potential as far as commission goes make this a bad place to make money. If you are only supporting yourself and have little to no bills then I guess you could scrape by with this company's pay.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What are top reps making?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

$80.000

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How is soca mgr?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any answers?