Tracking GPS (cell toweres) on IPAD 2

Discussion in 'Ista Pharma' started by Anonymous, Feb 8, 2012 at 2:56 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Excuse the spelling errors. You have to love autocorrect !

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Above is partially correct.
    Go do your job and try to increase your numbers. That is fair. However, at Ista the requirement is and always has been to sell off label in order to get the business. That is highly unethical and flat out wrong. The industry insider of 20 years who posted above sounds more like a spineless, gutless wonder, who thinks that you should just go along with whatever and keep your mouth shut.

Stand up for yourself. Do go out and do your job to the best of your ability. Just don't sacrifice morals and integrity to sell a drug for a company that give a rats ass about you. Ista is that company

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree. I do my job and I'm in the top group. My DM leaves me alone. I call him some just to check in. Those who complain about being ridden by their DM probably need to be gone anyway.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is the Ista mentality in a nutshell. No way it is management's fault for turnover it is the reps. Classic psychosis here.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You would make a good union steward. That's your mentality. You just can't help it, you were born that way.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hate unions. Why do you think no regional managers have ever been fired or forced out? Think about it. There are RM's who are always in the bottom but they keep their jobs. If a rep was in the same position they would be forced out.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Originally Posted by Anonymous
    I agree. I do my job and I'm in the top group. My DM leaves me alone. I call him some just to check in. Those who complain about being ridden by their DM probably need to be gone anyway.

No one said anything about management except you. My point is accept your responsibility to do your job. if you do it successfully management leaves you alone. I could care a rat's ass about how many DM's or RM's are below par. That dosn't affect me at all. The complainers, like you, are usually the ones that aren't successful and need to be gone anyway.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am not the one posting about management but I do agree with her to a degree. I have finished in the top quarter for the last 2 years. I work very hard. My manager still manages me as if they do not trust me. It probably depends on your boss and their boss.

I personally don't think they will be tracking us by gps. I believe it is against the law.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

they will track who they want to track. who ever they dont like that month. when numbers are down and they will be, they have to fire someone. Thats what they do. Not dm or rm of course they are in the union that cant be touched.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Making a mountain out of a mole hill here. If you're really worried about it, just put your iPad in Airplane mode. No signal out, no signal in.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK, where is the grass is greener guy at this dinner? I will meet you outside near the pool in 10 mins.. I need to talk to you.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I couldnt agree more. I've been wanting out of ISTA for a long time for a number of reasons too long to fill in with this message board--but this will be the "last straw"-- I work my ass everyday in the field but do NOT want to be tracked. There are times I have some "down time" and run errands or take care of something else that I need to do but I always get my calls in and my numbers are very good.

tracking devices are used when a company doesnt trust its emloyees or worse, it's field sales force-- i've started sending out my resume becuase the writing is on the wall.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

now thats funny, push him/her in the pool. could be the most fun at this meeting

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

funny how active the ista message boards are...you can tell we are all bored to death at our meeting...what a waste of time and money.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I love this dinner I am going to. I am going to drink to make me forget this week.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gang I sat with the IT guys this morning, you cannot track the iPad because the software is unavailable. You could be tracked by iPhone but it isn't going to happen

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who ever posted this, please elaborate. Do you believe them? What specifically was asked and what did they say? Thanks! This could put a nice end to the speculation.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

sure ompany isn't tracking. They hired a company that will. My own company (not mentioning) is going with ipads shortly. Airwatch montors and tracks the devices. However, on the lighter side, many dr offices and
    hospitals have signs up: "turn cell phones off". An ipad operates just like cell via phone # input at setup. It would seem simple enough that airplane mode would have to be functional. Even for something as simple as a rep going to a co meeting by plane. But airwatch is the tracking tool. Big br is deffo there..just depends how much of a footprint gonna make or tread lightly. Anyone have any real eperience with the good or the bad? I do my job just don't like being a literal blip on a big br radar screen.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I currently have an iPad I'm with another company...just a suggestion, just do your job. You can turn the location off. But seriously stop being so paranoid and just do your job!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for insights, ell us about the eyes of big brother then, and just how invasive, or non invasive this stuff is or isn't.