trainer = promotion...?!

Discussion in 'Kimberly-Clark' started by Anonymous, Nov 30, 2011 at 8:05 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

...heard through the grapevine that a certain P&L person is the new manager in the midwest. (EY's job) yikes, good luck to those reps.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cut the girl some slack! Let's just wait and see. SM obviously sees some talent. If not, she will be asked to leave like others!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a perfect example of playing the corporate game at K-C. Working in the training department does nothing to prepare someone for sales management. There were candidates for this position that were much more qualified. SM has become a yes-man. There is no way he believes this is the right choice.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

THe above poster may be correct or may just be sour grapes. I guess we will just have to wait and see how this broad does. She did work in the field so she is not totally aloof.

The other dude thinks he's ready to be a manager now too. Funny stuff going on.
    If inside only knew what the other guy did.....or didn't do. Did not leave his house often.
    It was just a good year of numbers. He needed to bail from sales because next year that territory is going to be in the shitter! GUARANTEED. knew exactly what he was doing.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can't anyone just get a promotion because it was earned? I'm not saying that either earned the current job that they have. Let them do there job (or not do it) and see what happens.

If they are no good, it will all come out in the laundry. Who are we to judge if someone is right for a job? HELLO? We are not management! Concentrate on what you should be doing. SELLING!

Give credit where it is due. If they fail they will fall flat on their face and be gone.

Congratulations to the above two people. May you both do well in your new job.

These people have moved around the nation to get other positions. People are not willing to do that. Instead they just bash everyone. Get over yourselves people.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

who is "other dude?" what other managemnt position was filled?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The "other guy" was the VAP rep from I think Nebraska that applied for the chicago management position that KG got.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How many VAP or DH Managers have SOLD what we carry in our bag!?!?!? I cant think of any! KG may not have ever Managed a team but she knows her shit! She could carry ANY bag and knows every product in and out 10X more than all the current Managers put together! Nothing more frustrating as a Sales Rep having a Manager who doesnt know JACK. I WISH KG was my Manager! Just think- a Manager rides with a Rep and knows more technical and clinical info than I do- like a manager SHOULD! Instead it's a big useless fluff session. Looking forward to the BIG promotion news!!!! I hope you are right :)

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice try posting about yourself Kim, unless it's Jason trying to put the thought in everyone's head that P&L is where you should work first and then automatically become a manager. Nice try Kim or Jason. It's just so transparent that you are posting about yourselves. Funny shit.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice try Kim. Or perhaps Jason trying to align himself up for a managers position and putting the thought out there that working in P&L makes you more qualified to manage a team strictly by product knowledge. Funny stuff stuff guys.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Knowing products is probably the least important skill of a good manager. Whoever believes this is completely clueless.

The ability to coach, motivate, recruit, interview, hire, develop sales skills, organization skills, act as a mediator between corporate and your team, be an advocate for your team members, know when to fire someone, actually fire someone, high degree of business acumen (forecasting, planning, managing a Region pipeline), knowing how to deal with 8-9 distinct personalities, local market kowledge (IHN's, key accounts, etc) Product knowledge? Please. That's the easy part.

Any rep who depends on their manager to help with product/technical knowledge is not a good rep.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Blah blah blah...

KG has been with KC for 5 or 6 years. she has carried 3 different product lines in with success. She went inside to learn the corporate environment and SM thought she was ready for a manager position. As others have said, if she fails, hasta la vista baby. If she succeeds, good on her.

In have been here a little over 4 years. I LOVE the fact we actually had a device rep placed into a device manager position. Enough with the supply people. Very rarely do people get promoted straight from the field into management. Many succesful managers have gone through corporate. Believe me when I tell you, it helps to know the inner political workings of headquarters and also to have a few friends "inside" when you become a manager. It can make your job much easier when you know how to navigate through those waters when you need something.

So quit your bitchin' and be happy it is one of "us" that got the position and not another Covidian reject or some other outside hire. We have seen how those have worked out, and so has upper management.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with what most of what you're saying, however the Blah Blah blah at the beginning of your post totally rejects what the last poster said. You both make totally valid points. For you to "poo-poo" what he/she said really isn't fair. All of the above mentioned management qualities are needed to be effective.

Lets just agree to disagree on this as both posts have some very valid points.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The "blah blah blah" was not directed to the post above mine. I do disagree somewhat that it is not crucial that the managers be experts in the products they manage. How can you effectively help one of your reps if you dont understand the ends and outs of the product and how to sell it.

That is why I think KG will do well. She has carried both DH and VAP, and has had success. She will understand the business quickly, without a learning curve, much quicker than someone who has never carried those products. And that is why I am glad she got it over a supply manager or an outside hire.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A meeting of the minds! UNDERSTOOD! :)

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here is how promotions are determined.
    You must prove to K-C that you put the company first. Your family, friends, wife/husband and children come in a distant second. If you are willing to take a job that requires alot of time away from home (trainer), and show the company you are willing to miss your kids first steps, soccer games, birthdays and the like, you will be promoted. If you are willing to move your family 4-5 times in 10 years, disrupting your children, forcing your spouse and kids to make new friends every 2-3 years, not including the horrors of packing and moving, you will get promoted to an even higher position. Extra points if you pull your kids out of high school. If any of these moves include a stint overseas, completely screwing up your family, you get promoted to an even higher position. To reach the highest levels of the company, you need to do all the above and end up divorced, clearly showing the company came before your marriage and family.
    Now KG, although not married, was willing to leave any family or friends and relocate 3 times for K-C. She was passed up for the promotion out west and in the northeast. They finally had to give it to her. I don't know who she is, but if she carried a bag and didn't come from covidien, she's all right by me.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With the demise of David McCabe don't be too surprised if KG doesn't worm her way out of Chicago back to the sunny south. God help that region if that happens!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

don't be surprised to find out she had something to do with dave's firing.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Logical, what better way to stay in Atlanta is to drop a dime on the current RM, presto don't have to move and achieves same results. If this is true, she should be exposed as the phoney that she is.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What do we really know about her? A lot of people do a lot of assuming around here.