Transformation - Latest Information

Discussion in 'Genentech' started by anonymous, Jun 18, 2018 at 5:46 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Over 50,000 Ocrevus Patients to date.

Most Successful Launch in Genentech History.

Thank you to all the MS CS’s for making this happen. In response to your excellent performance, and for generating multiple billions of dollars in revenue for the company, we have decided to destroy 16 CS’s careers, and in turn adversely effect their families. We care about patients, but not our own employees and their families. It would be a miniscule amount of money for our Multi Billion Dollar Company to save your careers, and the sacrifices you made in coming here to launch Ocrevus. We understand your tremendous relationships are the reason Ocrevus has been so successful. We no longer need your relationships now that we have used you to persuade your customers to write Ocrevus. We look at you like we do a used hamburger wrapper and are disposing of you in the trash can. Never forget how much we appreciate what you have done for this franchise.

Signed: Senior Leadership ( I question the term “leadership”)

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LOL CS don't sell the medicine, the science sells the medicine. Sorry for your losses but come on man! Stop acting like MS CSs sh*t don't stink!!!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

FIeld sales teams are not built based upon historical results. It’s about future sales and it appears the organization believes that sales volume will remain the same with 16 fewer people.

Great fiduciary management. Suggest you strike if you have the balls.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I completely agree and this is so spot on! Unbelievable how this company treats its employees! After this, they now expect loyalty from anyone? NEVER. I believe I will be safe, but when I find a great opportunity (perhaps Novartis’ new MS drug) I am so out of here. If I end up with another MS drug, I will sell and work my ass off and I hope they regret screwing over their own employees. You don’t fu*k with your employees by asking them to quit their jobs, move etc. and then Screw them over. Genentech, you have proven you are no longer a good company to work for. There was nothing you offer that other great companies do other than stability. Shame on you Genentech.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Seriously? I work for a competitor and would have loved to join you when you were hiring prior to launch but didn’t apply as I was new to my job. Every neuro I know is writing Ocrevus, even the ones who never prescribed an infusion prior to Ocre. If Genentech is eliminating jobs what hope do the rest of us have when most of the market dmts aren’t growing. I thought Genentech was the safe place to be given the rapid uptake of Ocre

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

“Every neuro you know is writing Ocrevus”. Well, cuts are justified. They’re not earning their paycheck and getting a handout. Roche should spend their money elsewhere.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Swiss drugmaker Roche is paying $2.4 billion to buy the rest of Foundation Medicine (FMI), raising its bet on the U.S. genomic profiling group's ability to personalise cancer care. Earlier this year it agreed to buy the rest of U.S. cancer data company Flatiron Health for $1.9 billion in a similar deal. Both purchases echo its success in taking control of California-based biotech company Genentech 28 years ago. Reuters 6/19/18

And there you have it. Investing for the future through responsible fiduciary actions. See it's not just about OCRE, MS, and you.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nope - Roche is a loser and has been for years. Just look at the mess they've made of Genentech. Go back under your bridge, troll.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Funny, what I recall is that GNE was in a pinch and Roche came in and backed them financially. Without Roche, GNE would have been one of hundreds of dead companies in the biotech graveyard.

Can't we just deal in the truth here?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hired Trolls are very active here...quite obvious what you are doing.

Fact remains there is absolutely no need what so ever to lay off 16 Field CS’s while hiring 3 more managers and 2 more Directors.

Run the numbers: 5 manager/director salaries compared to 16 CS’s. No money saved, just more bloated management to attend meetings, while CS’s in the field continue to generate revenue.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That allows for more field ride times and metric monitoring. Gonna ride ya like a pony. Giddie up.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't think so. Genentech's research and US presence saved Roche from their disastrous science and management, (finally closed the Roche research arm). Roche was a powerhouse in the 80's and 90's then lost its way. Why don't we use the name Roche in the US? Because GNE's name carries more weight.
    Go away Troll.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Absolutely. And the worst part is morale and trust is lost. Fatal error for sales.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You best be finding your morale and get out in the field unless you want to part of the next round of cuts.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wait hold up, all this drama is for 16 CSs!!! Get a grip folks. About 90 marketers lost their jobs today in the home office and more to come.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very sorry to hear that but at least they've been warned for several months. Ocre - a few weeks with no solid reasoning other than they purposely overhired at the outset. Good luck to all.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The fact that 90 marketers lost their job is a pretty good example of too many marketers (how many marketers do we need?) they use consultants for virtually everything they do

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And that makes this okay? It shouldn’t matter if it’s one or a hundred and one. If anything it’s worse they want to get rid of 16 people that have don’t nothing wrong and the launch has been a tremendous success. They can’t find work for these people? Gimme a break. The information you have just provided only proves that GENENTECH SUCKS and doesn’t care about its employees at all. After further investigation, people are starting to realize GENENTECH is the layoff company of all companies both internal and external. So don’t ever lead with a speech with any crap like our foundation is based on our people. It’s a bold face lie. Shame on you Genentech.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Did you sign a Lifetime contract with Genentech? You’re an At Will Employee dammit!!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Can you say “entitled”? Just a wee bit.