Trauma

Discussion in 'Arthrex' started by anonymous, Oct 4, 2016 at 3:03 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Maybe I'll be in the minority here, but I'm not looking forward to our continued foray into trauma. The ankle stuff and distal radius was fine, majority of those cases are done at the SC.
    But now an ex-fix? I know this won't be difficult business to convert, but being on call is going to be a bitch.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We haven't heard anything about this in our area.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So I missed Dallas and my distributor doesn't tell us anything. Is trauma being forced upon us now? That might be my sign to move on....

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Correct. Converting ex fix business is as easy is flipping someone to your new cannula. Douche.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's not hard when the surgeon is already using you for foot and ankle products.
    It's not a product that the doc is married to like anchors or a total joint.
    IT IS TEMPORARY FIXATION!
    But it's not like our office hour trauma line of ankle fx and wrist fx plates. This is after hours stuff and that's why I don't work for synthes or Stryker

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ha! You've clearly been staring at a screen too long! Grow a pair and take the extra business! Heck, actually do it well and they won't need to call you in once they are comfortable with it! Quit being lazy

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's not the doc you have to make comfortable it's the staff. And with the revolving door of techs it can be a pain. I've heard the synthes rep getting called in after hours and on weekends for cannulated screws. No thanks!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ex Fix Conversions are actually harder than you think. The docs know how much that shit costs, so if you get it, you better be there, its also falling out of favor due to its cost, most guys by me put that shit in a vented cast and call it a day- and reprocessing and better prices on established brands is tough to beat. Be careful what you wish for, I've been doing Trauma for 10 years at one of the big companies and after a while, after you've missed family shit and walked out on enough dates and dinners for a case, the money gets less and less important.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The above poster nailed it. I was with Synthes for my first 3 years in the business. Doing ankle cases at the ASC is where I saw the light of sports medicine (no call). Been with Arthrex for 5 and as much better as the schedule is, your schedule is never your own.
    F&A and the wrist plate have been easy (price point) conversions. Now I'm going to have some BS quota from the Ex-Fix that I really don't want to open myself up to. I'm in a smaller setting and might only see 5-10 of these a year. That's not worth making myself available 52 weekends a year. The Stryker guy can have it.
    Now if we had a full trauma line of hip fracture products that would be different.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Keep it up knuckleheads. You pushed and you pushed and you took a couple of distal radius fx cases from me a couple of weeks ago. So how did I respond? I applied minimal pressure and just book next week's shoulder repairs with the juggerknot. I've been selling Recon/Trauma for 12 years and never approached sports medicine. You should have let sleeping dogs lie.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lol alright "knucklehead". Good luck with that. The juggernaut is garbage and got laughed out of our territory. So is that distal radius your arthrex rep converted your (now his) doc on. Give us a shout when you have a flat suture. BTW, RIP DeNovo.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You must be new. I've been around long enough to see Arthrex sell against flat suture, buttons in the femur, composite screws, etc. They always follow and then catch up. Your problem is the following: RS is getting old and is making mistakes. You are way late to recon. You will get your ass kicked the more joints go outpatient. Video is a commodity. Everyone will have a Swivelock soon. You have diluted your sales force with no talent rookies. And soon your irrelevant ass will get your clock cleaned.