Treated like crap after having a baby

Discussion in 'The Darkened Sample Closet' started by anonymous, Oct 26, 2017 at 11:16 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This forum on Cafepharma has been very helpful to me when I needed advice in the past and I need it once more.

I recently had a baby and my company is so small that FMLA does not apply so I was back after the 6 weeks allowed. But, I think I've been subjected to pregnancy or maternity discrimination because they redesigned my territory while I was out for "coverage" but are refusing to give the customers back after quarters end. So, I've brought the numbers up in the lower performing territory that is far from where I live but they refuse to give me any credit.

The manager is new but genuinely seems pissed that I had a baby and the constant negative criticism is over the top. He treats the men and women differently but everyone has noticed he has been especially harsh in criticizing me.

It also got back to me that he lied to the regional about a doctor but I communicated directly with the regional about the doctor. However, I have no clue what else he has been telling the regional about me.

He copied the regional recently on a scathing email filled with untruths and I pointed them out with tons of email and document attachments but I feel this has angered him more.

I'm convinced the man wants me to quit but I won't so he will continue to lay traps for me and drive me crazy.

Does anyone have any advice? Thank you to you all in advance for your help.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm the OP and now the manager has conveniently made my territory the one where a counterpart is needed (and many other territories are sucking wind with their numbers while mine are over 100%).

I also won President's Club in the past with my territory but that was before this manager was hired.

I left big pharma years ago and a big reason why was because of the counterpart crap. But, this former big pharma manager us bringing all of hugs robotic big pharma ways to the small pharma company that I am at and it drives everyone crazy.

My numbers are mine to make or break and I refuse to have a coattail ride that is quick to collect all of the credit when the numbers are up and blame me when the numbers are down.

And, there is significant proof that this is retaliatory because I have told him how much I love not having a counterpart and when I spoke up about my dislike for this counterpart idea--he scheduled a surprise ride-along with me for next week (and I was just with him two weeks ago)!

I'm now going to leave but I am disgusted by what has transpired.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sorry this happened to you. I would document the heck out of that manager and call employee relations. You already know he's building a case, counter with your own. let them terminate so you can get UI. And follow up with EEOC building a case of disparate treatment. It sounds like you had/have one. I hope it worked out for you....

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks for your post! Unfortunately, my company is so small that we don't really have employee relations but just an HR department of two people.

The manager just screwed me royally on a performance review for last year and I'm a strong person but it got to me because it also has impacted my livelihood in terms of salary.

I will have to continue to fight in my own way.