Trintellix on Medicare

Discussion in 'Lundbeck' started by anonymous, Jan 13, 2020 at 6:44 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey folks,

I am an ex-drug rep who will go on Medicare here very soon. I take Trintellix 20 mg and love it. Need to stay on it. Question: Can I get it, if yes, under what circumstances...Nothing else has worked for me so far.

Thank you for any response.

Sorry to hear that you work for such assholes.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It would probably be a good idea to call the Medicare plans (Aetna, Humana, CVS, etc) and find out which one works best for you. You’ll most likely find a part D plan that covers Trintellix, if you take this approach. Good luck.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanx bro!!!! Trintellix sure has been a blessing for me. Was suicidal half my life...I am sure being a drug rep did not help..
    I must say, I am doing better than ever on this drug!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The time for a part D plan selection for 2020 was over in 2019. Best of luck to you.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Original Poster can enter Medicare the month before he turns 65 (regardless of calendar). Part D or Medicare Advantange. Just check the formulary for Trintellix.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thank you my friend, that is very helpful!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So I signed up for medicare, drug plan, and supplemental insurance today. Had a wonderful independent insurance broker come to my house. Worth every penny! My advice: Don't buy this stuff over the internet!
    Whether you sign up for yourself or have your parents signed up, there really is a lot to it, and having someone sit down with you is invaluable!

Now, regarding the drug plans: Basically every insurance company that takes Medicare has a drug plan. My plan was tailored to my needs. The agent asked me what drugs I currently take, what dosage and how often. Then she did a query with that information and the three most cost-effective plans were presented automatically. In addition to that, the search also found the least expensive pharmacy in my zip code.

So here is the deal: My drug plan WITH Trintellix is about $1700 a year which includes a deductible of about $480 per year. Without Trintellix, the plan would have cost me about $760 a year. So Trint 20 mg cost me about $80 a month. I think that is very fair and reasonable! I mean we are in 2020... There is no way I am EVER going to off this drug. My only 2 questions are: Has there been any report of efficacy fading away after prolonged use? I know this is common with many SSRI's. I have been on Trintellix now for 2 years, and I have not noticed any diminished efficacy. If that ever were to happen, I would be really in a bind. Nothing has worked as well as Trintellix, ( and I have tried ALL anti-depressants, even stuff you can't get in the US ) and I have no side effects whatsoever with Trint!! Keep in mind, I have been depressed for over 20 years. My father was Bipolar 1 and committed suicide, partially also, because he had PTSD, ( He was the only survivor of his air wing), but I think I have a genetic component that impacts my depression.

My second question is: What is the patent life of Trintellix?

Now, if Trint could only fix my anhedonia (inability to experience joy) life would be fantastic. May be I should stop reading the news...After a daily dose of wild fires in Australia, Corona Virus in China, politics in Washington and a tons of plastic floating in the Pacific ocean, one is entitled to feel without joy....but that is a subject for another day perhaps.

I will see my psychiatrist next week for a renewal of my script and will hopefully let you know a few pearls I can pick up from him.

Good luck to all of you!!! I wish you the very best!!