Trump on Cruz's father...

Discussion in 'Political Discussions' started by Vagitarian, Jun 14, 2017 at 2:52 PM.

1. Vagitarian

Vagitarian Well-Known Member

How did Cruz even get in the primary?

Donald Trump said in a May 3, 2016 interview on “Fox and Friends” that Cruz’s “father was with Lee Harvey Oswald prior to Oswald’s being, you know, shot! I mean, the whole thing is ridiculous … And nobody even brings it up. I mean, they don’t even talk about that, that was reported and nobody talks about it. But I think it’s horrible, I think it’s absolutely horrible, that a man can go and do that, what he’s saying there.”

Trump later added, “I mean what was he doing with Lee Harvey Oswald, shortly before the death – before the shooting? It’s horrible.”

The day after his controversial convention speech, Cruz said those comments by Trump played a role in his decision not to endorse Trump.

“I am not in the habit of supporting people who attack my wife and who attack my father,” Cruz said.

The day after his convention speech, in remarks to supporters in Cleveland, Trump fired back at Cruz, saying, “I don’t want his endorsement. If he gives it, I will not accept it.” Trump then launched into a defense of an unflattering image of Cruz’s wife that Trump retweeted, as well as his comments about Cruz’s father.

“All I did is point out the fact that on the cover of the National Enquirer, there’s a picture of him [Rafael Cruz] and crazy Lee Harvey Oswald having breakfast,” Trump said. “I had nothing to do with it. This was a magazine that frankly in many respects, should be very respected. They got O.J. They got Edwards. They got this. I mean, if that was the New York Times, they would have gotten Pulitzer prizes for their reporting.”

Although Trump said the photo showed the two “having breakfast,” the picture in question actually shows Oswald distributing pro-Castro literature in New Orleans in August 1963, a few months prior to Kennedy’s assassination in Dallas. According to the Miami Herald, another man in the picture was never identified by the Warren Commission, whose investigation concluded Kennedy was assassinated by Oswald and that Oswald acted alone.

In his post-convention remarks, Trump said the whole issue “had nothing to do with me, except I might have pointed it out.” No “might” about it. Trump did “point it out” on national TV, and he definitively proclaimed the man in the picture to be Rafael Cruz, even though the text of the National Enquirer story doesn’t go quite that far.

Trump went on to say that neither Cruz nor anyone in his camp ever denied that it was Rafael Cruz in the photo.

“Now, Ted never denied that it was his father,” Trump said in his post-convention remarks, adding later, “But they never denied. Did anybody ever deny that it was the father? They’re not saying, ‘Oh, that’s not really my father.’ It’s little hard to do. It looks like him.”

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Idiot boy, since I'm such a nice guy, I'm going to give you the chance to delete this thread.

If it's not gone by around mid-day tomorrow I'm going to humiliate you terribly. Your choice!

3. Vagitarian

Look who woke up on the wrong side of the bed today! You've got quite a sense of humor there, studmuffin! :mad::mad::mad:

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No, you woke up without a functioning brain, just like you do every morning.

Ok I gave you a chance and you blew it.

Only a utter pig and an idiot boy would post something like this related to the JFK assassination over 50 years ago on the same day as an attempted assassination of multiple members of the U.S. house when he didn't take the time to start a thread on that.

You've throughly and completely exposed yourself as suffering from Cruz derangement syndrome! Your totally irrational hatred of one of our greatest living citizens and a true American patriot is truly disgusting!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When you lay down with dogs, you wake up with fleas. Your wounds are self inflicted by engaging a moron. Don't come to the thread if you don't like it......You seem to LOVE IT... I dont know which one of you two are lonelier !
    Cruz is a fraud and America saw right through it SORRY

6. Vagitarian

In actuality, it was a quote from the guy we voted for but you continue to rubber stamp and never call out. So sit on that and spin. :cool:

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm suffering no wounds. Cruz is no fraud. You are an idiotic cultist!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nah, I'd rather expose you as the pathetic fool that you are! :D

9. Vagitarian

Funny post. You agree w/ me on Cruz but think I'm a moron because I'm not in love with Trump even though I voted for him? Hmmm. As far as who's lonely, I'm not sure about Sparky's motivation for being here. I'm retired and enjoy 5 minutes here and there on CP and Facebook. I'm especially intrigued by those who have no idea who the Trumpster is yet think they do. The jokes about him write themselves.

That said, I'd vote for him again only because every other choice was toxic. :rolleyes: