Truth for new hires

Discussion in 'Alexion' started by anonymous, Apr 20, 2016 at 10:10 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There are a lot of comments about micro-managing, long hours exceeding 60 hours/week, no work-life balance, and stock that is stuck. This is followed by responses that may appear to come from someone at HQ trying to refute these "rumors".

I'm currently interviewing for a RAM position and just want the truth - not some crap coming from a disgruntled rep who didn't work or just had an underperforming territory.

What should I expect for compensation?
    Stock options/vesting?
    Bonuses for "better" territories?
    Car/car allowance?
    Any notable DMs? Districts?

Company culture?
    Management of sales teams?
    Resources/support for Solaris?
    Impression of the company by HCPs?

Thanks for your honest feedback.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Seeing you can't even spell the name of the drug I'd look elsewhere, might not be a great fit for you.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

douche

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Here is a straight answer. The majority of people at Alexion are extremely intelligent and high performing people. That sets the bar high. Total cash compensation is high, but in return, expect to work long hours, tight deadlines and urgent requests. Like any public company, the stock part is a wildcard. Don't count on it. Make sure you click with the hiring manager. That is the key to this being a good match or a bad one.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Totally agree - work hard, pay well, work more, try and have a bit of fun with good people

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

okay, I realize that I am asking for it by posting on this site. I love reading the posts and occasionally there is even something useful. So, I will roll dice and ask a question to the CP readers. There are some new nurse educator jobs here at Alexion and they will work with the RAM. Do the RCS schedule all of their own disease awareness appointments with HCPs or do the account managers set the dates and times and then let the educators know? Makes a big difference as to territory management logistics.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Meaning you want to be home by 2pm each day is what you're really asking. So if someone sets your appointments you can't meet that goal.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow. You make a lot of assumptions right out of the gate. But I guess that was my bad for posting on this site. The odds were 50/50 that I would get the cynical and a-holish reply. I would elucidate on what my point actually was, but unless you have ever had your schedule pre made for you and had 6 reps all planning your week with rarely any notice or preplanning and no give and take or collaboration, then you won't know what I am talking about anyway... That would require empathy. It's difficult to please many different reps when they all want equal time and many just stirring up dust to look busy by scheduling "things". Home by 2pm? That is only you guys. I'm lucky if I am home by the end of the week. No such thing as territory management when others manage it for you. It's basically the spin cycle in a washing machine and we wear out in a year and just hire another one. "Live, Die, Repeat"

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Another honest answer-run, don't walk away and be happy you did, and be grateful for the advice-it can be hard to interpret on CP, but I hope this advice you seriously consider. Otherwise-welcome to Alimera (10sec)
    Get out there now and find me a patient!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This isn't the Alimera board, moron.