Trying to Kill My Father

Discussion in 'Amedisys' started by anonymous, Jul 25, 2016 at 10:47 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you cannot hire nurses that are educated in their field, then don't hire them. My father is on hospice. He was prescribed a medication through an Amedisys physician. My father began to suffer terrible side effects from the medication. My mother begged the attending nurse to get orders to remove him from the medication, which needed to be weaned off. The nurse said, let's give it 24 MORE hours. My mother stated this was not a good idea and then begged for morphine to give him if he had to stay on the "bad" medication, to at least provide some comfort. The nurse wouldn't do anything to provide that, instead asked my mother "how can you tell he's in pain?". My mother has been taking care of him daily....this nurse had never seen him before. Nurses typically pat themselves on the back for the job they do in the hospital setting, because they are with their patients daily and "KNOW" their patients, where often times the physician does not. That's why nurses USUALLY get things taken care of in the right way. In this case, this nurse has likely NOT worked with families in a hospice setting (at any length) of meaningful time and had her head to far up her (you can fill in the blank) to pay attention to what was happening....ultimately, putting my father into renal failure and almost killing him! Maybe she was a cardiac nurse, maybe she was a peds nurse....but she surely was not a geriatric, further HOSPICE nurse! Before onboarding trash like this, you should do scenarios or test their level of knowledge and skill sets....You're putting others lives in their hands and in this case, likely losing those lives!

-PISSED OFF DAUGHTER