Tuesday Conference Calls

Discussion in 'KCI' started by Anonymous, Jan 1, 2011 at 8:31 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So it looks like the CAMs have individual conference calls with their DMs Tuesday. Hmmmm. Restructure is happening this week. Any news or ideas.

1. Acute CAMs are gone
    2. Transitions go to Post Acute
    3. TAMs take over all other acute CAM duties.
    4. Downsize Acute AE's

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Acute CAMs were gone like 6 months ago. when they did the full TAM rollout... so that takes care of 1 and 3...

2, I'd think they'd just keep TAMs doing transitions...

4? I guess

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

TAMs will continue to be in charge of consignment, transitions, in-servicing and mainly SALES. They will be held responsible for new product sales, as much as the AE. They will also be required to understand all facets of what drives revenue within their accounts. The only thing they are not directly responsible for is business reviews. Sounds like they are preparing TAMs to replace some AEs and are weeding out TAMs that can't handle it. 3 ride alongs with 3 consecutive 'need improvements' and you're gone. I assume many will be let go the week prior to the NSM.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Midwest CAM here was just let go. Terrible severance package. Monkey is off my shoulder at least. Good luck to the rest of you.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's official. CAM was let go here in the East Coast.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ouch here we go again. Good luck to all you suckers that did not abandon ship when you could have. Have fun explaining that to your spouses later today

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The nurses don't sell! They sit in their pj's collecting documents all day.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

From a former manager ... that was another missed vision on where to take the comapny. That was not a decision of the CAM, it was management putting resorces in the wrong place years ago as we needed the administrative support and the government as much told us. We moved all these duties to SA, not recognizing respecting the market we had to serve. It's a great country and competion will only make KCI better or they will need an exit strategy for NPWT. Wish all the best.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another CAM here let go. Never been happier about being let go from a job. Severance was standard in this industry. Used to like this job until I became a document collector.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where were you let go from?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just reducing salaries and changing structure people

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice call, what a loser DM. This appears to be just a start.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

More cuts are coming but not until after the GSC.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would they fly us, if to cut after the meeting?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are obviously new. KCI doesn't do things that make sense. They could care less about the airfare they spent on you and thirdly, the cuts later this year have to do with patents running out and a change in medicare reimbursement in August.
    Follow up with information that is pertinent to your company and the industry. It would help your ignorance. . . newbe.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't know, why did they do it last year? An airfare is a heck of lot less than the remainder of your annual salary.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Much deeper cuts will be headed to Acute and PA later in the year. This is nothing that we didnt' already know and by 2012 the sales force will be reduced to 525 total.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

less

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At least it is just a layoff and not cutting for lack of performance. That way our resume is protected and we get to collect unemployment! In a way, corporate is doing us a favor because they know that they already peaked with the VAC. Just be glad you don't have some ridiculous growth numbers to hit! I think I will still be riding this gravy train for a few more years, but when my time comes, at least I still wont have to work for a check!! ha ha (you know what I mean if you hve been in acute or more than 5 years!!)

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How is your resume protected because it is a RIF and not for performance? Your resume is what you make of it, you can be fired for misconduct or you can be laid off, you are still unemployed and have to explain it at your next interview. With respect to unemployment, you will get it regardless if you are a RIF or a poor performer who was let go.