Turnover

Discussion in 'Shire' started by anonymous, Dec 14, 2018 at 4:34 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good news.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I wouldn’t say most are being filled. In fact, most every rep I know who has left the territory has remained empty or has been dissolved. Fair, I guess. Why hire someone who may be laid off after the transition.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Great news! We may operate as a separate division of Takeda! Therefore, limited purge of Shire employees!!!!!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

there is always a positive spin put on any merger/acquisition and a press release saying how valuable and needed all employees are, then 1 year later there are about half as many employees left. I live in St. Louis, ask the Anheuser Busch people how many survived after InBev bought them. Speaking of St. Louis who is the witch manager for the Shire OBU, thinks she is well liked in offices but they think she is nuts.:eek:

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OBU is a bullshit division. Don’t hold all Shire employees to those in our primary care division, OBU.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I somewhat agree. Shire took highly experienced specialty reps and forced them into very primary care roles. Why pay so much for experience and talent and not allow them do what they do best? Instead they are pushing a call in center, pill pack and ridiculous coupon.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yup

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We were lied to from the beginning by Perry and the rest of the shitty leaders

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree
    JS is the worst. Spin him off to retirement please.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Narcissist: A disorder in which a person has an inflated sense of self-importance.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yup...oh I'm not denying that one.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m not sure why everyone gets so damn angry and disheveled over pharma layoffs. It happens, it’s the industry we chose to be in. We have easy cushy well paying jobs that they pay us well because the risk of not having one every 2-3 years is real.

Only about 50% of you actually know how to sell anything anyways and would absolutely fail in real world selling.

Also big pharma gives severance packages that don’t completely suck. WARN period legally put in place so we all have 2 free months.

Quit complaining and finding things to complain about, start looking for something new, switch industries but for god sake quit sounding like Disgrunteld people.

Who’s going to be the first negative Nancy to have something ignorant to say about this post.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Me ! Spoken like a useless marketing twat expecting a large pay out...

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Actually I’m a field rep and completely agree with that post 100%. This is the industry we’ve chosen to work in and although it happens in EVERY industry, it happens more frequently in pharma. Do you know people outside of the industry? Do you know what they get when they get laid off? I can tell you, it is rarely anywhere near what the severance packages pharma gives, especially this one at Shire. Unless you have complete lack of faith in your selling skills, take this time to start talking to recruiters and look for a new job. If you’re smart about it, everything will be just fine. Maybe even better if you land a job with the right timing. I’m sorry to say but a lot of people on here do sound like whiners. I know uncertainty is scary and I’d rather not be in this situation, but it’s business people. Grow up and learn how the world works or you will get thrown to the lions time and time again throughout your careers!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

1. Shire doesn't pay well
    2. The severence package actually sucks, read it.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

1. I have no idea what you make. But I know what I make is above what even many specialty companies are offering and hat has been a limiting factor in me jumping ship as I won’t take anything less than an increase over my current salary. And our target bonus is in line if not slightly higher than most of the companies I’ve talked to.

2. No the severance does not suck. 3 weeks per year of your base salary plus an additional 12 weeks for change of control and target bonus for one quarter. And full health benefits for the duration. If you’re new to the company maybe you won’t do as well as some others. Not even all pharma companies offer a package like this. You may not get rich from it but it is not a terrible package.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you're making nice money and expect to make more as you venture back into Pharma. I got news for you. It ain't happening. The glory days are long gone. 1 in 100 chance you get paid anywhere near what you're making now...and that is if one of your peers gently place you into a primo gig.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Maybe, maybe not. But there’s no reason to leave for a mediocre job unless you have to take it because you’re unemployed. My argument was simply that it’s worth it to wait it out and at least put your head to the ground and see what’s available and brush up on your job hunting/interview skills. But thanks for proving my point that Shire doesn’t really pay that bad....

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not true, really. Ive talked to several companies that would pay me a higher salary by at least 10k. All had the same bonus structure or better than Shire-but how many are hitting 100% of goal or better here?
    Im have been waiting for the right offer not the first offer. Im not sure everyone did that. I think a lot of people jumped ship on fear & emotion and took jobs at companies like Sun Aerie and Kala, jobs they may not have interviewed for otherwise.
    I will resign in a few days. I am waiting for the final ok. I am excited to move away from Dry Eye, pill pack ask iiris, PAs and the rest. Im sure it wont be perfect, but Im thrilled.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That’s because women don’t have to qualified, competent and successful to get promoted. They get promoted on a gender basis. The white male has to be all the above and hope no female is applying for the same position. That is the only way the male gets promoted. There is a gender bias... but it isn’t for the white male either.