Twilight Zone

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by anonymous, Nov 2, 2019 at 7:49 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I joined NVS a little over a year ago and have almost years of industry experience. The other 2 pharma companies I've worked for were very politically charged, but absolutely nothing like NVS.

I feel like I've entered the twilight zone and am back in kindergarten. I've never seen such juvenile behavior among managers and "leaders" throughout the company. Consequently, the reps I'm surrounded by act like they need their diapers changed hourly by their district managers.

Pathetic that any company would promote such idiots. And hire such teeter babies.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So true!!!!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

True. It's never ending w/ this company. The amount of hubris and posing is astonishing. I've seen this behavior before at other companies and will go as far as saying that the Pharma Industry in 2020 is all about these behaviors. Gone are they days that this job is a respectable position where adults that actually do the right thing are hired. Now it's just a bunch of entitled millennials running around at all levels believing that they are smarter and more knowledgeable than the next.

Throw in Management Teams that don't work together w/ the Rep level but are more adversarial than helpful and it's more of a keystone cop routine than a job. You cannot take pharma serious anymore. Just keep collecting the pay check until it's over because every other company out there is in about the same situation.

It dosen't matter what kind of drug you have at any company anymore because you can have a terrible drug and long as it's covered by managed care you are golden. You can have a terrific drug and if it's not covered you are in the dog house. It really dosen't matter anymore of the efficacy it's about managed care. Throw in most territories that are closed access to Reps and nothing matters anymore except for navigating the mine field of lies you have to make daily to collect your next check and bonus. It is the Twilight Zone when every night when you go to sleep you literally have to wonder what you really accomplished that day. That's no way to live.

I believe senior management knows how egregious the job and districts have become but they just don't care since these companies are making so much money on below average therapies and they need the perception of a sales force no matter how much of a debacle the sales level is run.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Spot on post!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Great thread and 'on point', especially with Jersey, Philly and downstate New York! Very, very political. It's not who is qualified or who has earned it, it's all about ...

Just look at the reps that are being groomed and given the opportunity of leadership roles. It's pre-decided. The so call 'development' discussions with ABLs are simply facades. The 'chosen' should be applauded for their talent of superb window dressing. Their days are not spent on making calls or moving business, but rather on the phone networking (how does this contribute to the company's bottom line).

It's sadly become - just a 'collect your paycheck' job.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not all divisions are like this. For example...Dermatology is great we have none of this. Its cardio that gets treated like primary care (because essentially they are) and they feel like they are speciality reps. Even our Neuro team is treated pretty well and paid well.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I kind of agree and disagree. CV is the worst by far but I know people who are in Neuro and Derm same stuff ... although I do think it manager dependent ... I just think CV all the way up the line of command sucks . As for speciality vs PC reps . Guys it’s all the same and in no division or selling any drug should
    Anyone be treated like children. I just think it’s the industry . It’s more of a catch you doing something wrong/BPO fueled here . It’s nuts

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All you whiners should just STFU and do your job

Thanks

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Like the first poster said, all the reps in the CV division are teeter babies who need their managers to change their diapers on an hourly basis (meaning these idiot reps have drunk the kool aid and run to their managers with every possible scenario. Needs the managers to tell them how to do their jobs--down to minute decisions--regularly). Its quite pathetic from what I've witnessed. These reps who are doing this are doing so for 1 or 2 reasons.

1. The rep is kissing the managers' asses so he or she will be ingratiated to the manager. In this company, this type of kiss-ass will do quite well. Shows what a fantastic company we work for. Ha!

2. The rep is calling the manager hourly (sometimes more) because the rep simply doesn't understand his or her own job and needs every decision to be made by the manager.

Why can't Novartis wake up and hire real salespeople and real managers whose sole job is not to advance their own career by kissing their managers asses repeatedly. (BTW, what type of manager would even want or respect these types of reps?) Oh, that's right, Novartis managers see these types of reps as dreams!

So backward!!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Exactly. It's all the same in every division in every company and most definitely Manager/RM dependent. Most of these reps in other divisions have worked in PC at one time or another and anyone who thinks that just because they "Might Consider" themselves a "Specialty" Rep and everyone else is less mature is the very definition of this thread. Same charade different division.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Here is one of those Millennials that pretends they are the only one working. They even drop the STFU bomb how masculine of them.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Actually no I would disagree. Although not a big difference in the day to day of "Specialty" vs. "PC" reps- huge difference in the quality of a true "specialty" rep. At some point they probably had to prove themselves and got a promotion over many other "PC" type mentality reps. Again I hate to bag on our cardio folks- but I've interacted with many of them over the years at other companies and still talk to them- just a lower level rep (on average) in that division vs. our other divisions here. I completely understand that they will post after this saying how they are great and such- but the fact of the matter is they are in cardio where no one with half a brain would want to be making tens of thousands of dollars a year less than the rest of us in true "speciality". If they could do it they would- the fact is they can't!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

u wanna go bruh?..

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh yes, please keep telling us how you’re so much better..........

Not

Who are you trying to convince? Yourself possibly?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I know right? These people are so bizarre it's almost comical. We are literally talking about hubris and posing representatives and here they come posting away how different or better they might be.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sadly if you compare w2s it will be crystal clear cardio is bottom of the barrel. At least at Novartis.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Its true in cv. 2/2's are given out like participation trophies. Ppl that are here 30 years don't drive more than 30 mins in their territory...counterparts drive them to remote parts of territory. Then partner gets a 3 for collaboration. Can't make this up!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The managers at Novartis are so sub-par, it's quite pathetic.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If cv is respected and highly regarded by Novartis why are the other divisions paid more and micromanaged less?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Those complaining they don’t make any money in CV are the reps that have been at Novartis for well over a decade (for the most part). Any good sales person, pharma or otherwise, knows the way to get a big increase in salary is to go to a different company and sell your worth to them. If you’re a good salesman, you would’ve done that. Those of us that came to Novartis recently and are in CV are making decent $$$,$$$.