Ugh, Sunday night and I’m preparing for my field ride for the next 2 days.

Discussion in 'The Darkened Sample Closet' started by anonymous, Oct 15, 2017 at 10:49 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just dreading it. New manager is a nut job. All business 24/7. Grills you on the studies while you are driving. Constant..”Good call, but you could have done xyz”. So draining.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ugh - a 2 day ride along AND on a Monday. What an a-hole

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

this is the kind of crap that drove me out of the industry...when they want you out they will ratchet up the
    harassment to 3-day ride-a-longs...no matter what your tenure...

completely silly industry that survives the massive management incompetence by the insane profit margins
    pharma companies enjoy.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your manager sounds like my manager who has taken the number one territory in the nation to blah numbers. The guy actually makes reps role play while they drive and there is no doubt that it us distracting. After one rep almost got into an accident she spoke up for the district and told him to stop the role plays while driving (and it seems like he is out to get her now).

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You can always do what my Hero pharma rep did in the 90's ----- he told DM to get out of the car and just left him. He was a legend in the Palm Springs territory.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Kudos to him!!! I, too, did a few things to managers I’m very proud of. Each and every one deserved it.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nice. They are so fucking incompetent. Most have less than 5 years of actual selling too, yet they think they can coach up reps with over 10-20 years of experience that have achieved.

Its not a good gig anymore. It was in the 70s-90s. Not anymore. So glad I left and downsized and now I plan to live to 90 vs. the stressed out pharma. clowns that will be lucky to make it to 70.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Its like the never ending drivers education course, but with more BS.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The smart ones left this industry in the late 1990s and early 2000s.
    Now, we are left with Barnum and Bailey's Circus Act.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And as the pharma companies know, there is a suck born every minute...

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

for sure. Upper management, you know the ones that are over paid, effeminate men and lazy women, they are laughing their asses off on how much disrespect that give the sales force. from the downsize during Holiday Season to the endless, meaningless emails and conference calls. not sure where to go to make money anymore other than working at the Mall. That might be the ticket these days. At least you will have an easy commute to work.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Want a trick that works every time?? Next time, pack your day, Pick him up super early, drag him all over the hospital, packed appointments, skip lunch (eat protein bars in restroom) drop off super late...
    Repeat next day... I guarantee you won't see him for at least 6 months

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As a former manager, I've got to say that's a brilliant solution. Although it always seemed like my reps had busier days than normal when I was with them. So glad I got out of management years ago.