Uh Oh ITMN

Discussion in 'InterMune' started by Anonymous, Aug 13, 2014 at 1:42 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are the biggest tool ever to post this…Creative, but a total tool.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If your threshold for the unknown is low enough that you still can't decide to join ITMN or not, with only 2 weeks to go, it's probably not the right place for you. This is a small, one product biotech and the risks associated with it are the way it goes in this arena. No one is forcing you to take this job, so don't complain about the offer.

You probably should have thought about this stuff before interviewing. It's not tough to analyze what potential activity could happen before or shortly after starting at this type of company. If you don't like the stock package, don't accept the offer. If you only have a history at fairly conservative, low risk pharma companies, you are probably completely flipped out right now. If you've done this before…you are probably thrilled about doing something new and the potential to make some great money, and you aren't worried about the minutia.

Curious why no one here has mentioned:
    -It takes a lot more than a handshake to buy/sell a company. You have to send out proxies, voting by shareholders, etc. This takes time-way more than 2 weeks. You aren't going to wake up tomorrow an
    -Market in general is likely to correct here anytime, and October is historically terrible. You never know if the stock price will drop right before you are granted options.

Hope the majority of people starting have some professional confidence to take a risk and enjoy the ride-these opportunities only come around once in a while, if at all.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you have schizophrenia? Your post shows pieces of having this disease. You ok?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm fine with whatever happens here. I interview well so I'm not worried about finding another job. Also, I have enough saved so that I don't have to work for a year. If you don't have a rainy day fund then you need to make a decision that's best for you and your family. Good luck to all.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In this economy, my man, you can burn through a year's savings and still be upside down. If you don't have the relationships within a company these days, it doesn't matter how well you interview. Good luck.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree with others you a tool. But i did catch myself humming Vanilla ice in background matching your words to Ice Ice Baby. Nicely done Tool boy.

Anyhow, I'm Double Dippin baby too. Let's sing a duet next time

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So instead of working for one company you'll steal money from two? And people wonder why pharma reps have such a crappy reputation. You'd better hope InterMune doesn't call your "previous" employer to verify when you're employment ended. They most likely will call as they know this is what a lot of reps are thinking after last weeks news

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They not gonna call don't worry. Why? Cuz they need my ass. They cant go back to previous candidates and they have to show buyer they got full sales force.

Sing it with me...

Double Dippin baby dadddadadddaaa....

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Finally someone who gets how this business and world works! All of you other people are absolutely clueless.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's funny how you see this scenario and being ok for a year if you lose your job. I see it as a loss of 170k that I will never ever make up if I am out of work for a year. Big difference. This risk is not for me.